• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Karma Karma Red Panda Bench Model

Cheap gauges are actually used on lot of European & Czech guns now, unfortunately. It’s a problem for sure. Daystate, BRK, Taipan, AGT and many others.

Understandably, as gages are typically the first to get replaced even by the non airgun smiths, to the digital ones. Why put in Wika gages and bill the customer for them, when they’re probably gonna swap in digital gages?
At least the gun came with bsp threads. PCP’s should never ever come with NPT threads cause gage choices of quality are limited.

Finally! Someone came out with a digital, usb cord rechargeable, BAR reading gage in NPT threads. Got one coming in for my Skout
[/QUOTE]
Link please Augie?

IMG_3079.jpeg

Where did the 0.076 BC come from? I think he told me the avg was 0.072. Still pretty awesome. I get about 0.066 with my Delta Wolf from those pellets. I’m curious if it’s because I’m at 885 fps and Derrick is at 940 fps. I know theoretically from @Ballisticboy Miles posts, it shouldn’t change with speed if the profile is accurate for the pellets, but G1 isn’t even close.
I've found that BC does change at different speeds when using pellets. Take for instance, 18.13gr pellets have a surprisingly good BC, for what they are, when shot with a MV from 825 fps to 930 fps (27.5 FP to 35 FP). Lower the speed to 700 (20 FP) and your BC plummets to that not even as good as your best .177 options at 20 FP!

I've found that BC does change at different speeds when using pellets. Take for instance, 18.13gr pellets have a surprisingly good BC, for what they are, when shot with a MV from 825 fps to 930 fps (27.5 FP to 35 FP). Lower the speed to 700 (20 FP) and your BC plummets to that not even as good as your best .177 options at 20 FP!
Yes. That has been known and published for many years. I was questioning the BC variance between “old school” speeds from 850 to 900 fps and “new school” speeds from 940 to 980 fps. I know that around 0.066 to 0.074 has been published for the Pandy with 50.5 AEA at 940 to 960 fps. I tested this last weekend with my .30 Delta Wolf at 885 fps and got the same BC. So if accuracy for the Pandy is equivalent at both 880 and 960 fps from a bench at 100Y, with the same BC and wind resistance, what is the benefit of the faster speed? I can think of many cons but no pros. Things that make you go hmmm…

IMG_2332.jpeg

Reactions: Dairyboy
Yes. That has been known and published for many years. I was questioning the BC variance between “old school” speeds from 850 to 900 fps and “new school” speeds from 940 to 980 fps. I know that around 0.066 to 0.074 has been published for the Pandy with 50.5 AEA at 940 to 960 fps. I tested this last weekend with my .30 Delta Wolf at 885 fps and got the same BC. So if accuracy for the Pandy is equivalent at both 880 and 960 fps from a bench at 100Y, with the same BC and wind resistance, what is the benefit of the faster speed? I can think of many cons but no pros. Things that make you go hmmm…

View attachment 466814
Great point!

Reactions: Centercut
I understand that BC changes with many factors out of which fps is the most important as mentioned above.

Twist rate is also a factor. I understand that when a projectile is shot at higher fps from a barrel of a certain twist rate, it also achieves more rpm while leaving the muzzle.

RPM and fps are two important factors which are inter dependent if same twist rate of barrel is used.

Over the distance RPM do not drop as much as fps drops. This phenomenon is also important in BC as I feel.

Reactions: zx10wall
I understand that BC changes with many factors out of which fps is the most important as mentioned above.

Twist rate is also a factor. I understand that when a projectile is shot at higher fps from a barrel of a certain twist rate, it also achieves more rpm while leaving the muzzle.

RPM and fps are two important factors which are inter dependent if same twist rate of barrel is used.

Over the distance RPM do not drop as much as fps drops. This phenomenon is also important in BC as I feel.
Great point also! This is why, IMO, some diabolo pellets, when not shot from a proper twist rate for it, will begin to corkscrew down range! The speed is being scrubbed off very quickly but as you've indicated, the spin rate (RPM) is retained longer. Some call this over-stabilized.