Karma Airguns and the Red Panda Interview

Sweet! But whats it gonna cost? IF its gonna be an "FX killer" then it should be wayyyyyyyy less than than the Impact or the Pantherra....

I would completely agree, but given it’s targeting competitors/competitions I doubt it will be below 2k mark even though it’s made in China. Plus due to competition generally means much lower volume which means cost per unit is high even when produced in China. Even if it does start below $2k the gun is designed to be heavy, as some people already pointed out I rather have a light gun I can add weight. Another area of concern is competitors are discerning bunch and for similar money we would rather pony up a few more bones for stuff from US or EU unless it’s so innovative it’s peerless, of course nothing will stay like that. How much you want to bet a knockoff blue bear will show up on eBay as soon as red panda has any success!?!? Donnie needs to be careful when transferring IP to China(or anyone outside of his company for that matter), once milk is spilled you can’t put it back.

At the end of the day it’s a free country(for now) and they are free to charge whatever they want, I’m sure some people will buy.

Yeah, I think it's great to have new blood in the air gun universe to spur innovation/growth.
This particular gun has a very specific function and is not compatible with anything much else but long range, target shooting.
However, it also "beat the pants off" all competition at 100 yards ... RMAC:).

The modular ideas are very FX, but everything else is just massive - sporting ungainly lines .....

Sounds as if this gun could easily go 100-400 yards ..... maybe there's a decent market segment wanting this;)

Last edited:
Sweet! But whats it gonna cost? IF its gonna be an "FX killer" then it should be wayyyyyyyy less than than the Impact or the Pantherra....
After winning RMAC, why come in super low? That win just did a lot to help this rifle in the eyes of many. If they were coming out with some Chinese gun that hadn’t done anything sure, but they did something with it. Gun/shooter/whatever… it won and I would expect them to capitalize on that.

I'll admit this thing has grabbed my attention....

they competed at RMAC with it, so why didnt they/ Donny give velocity numbers, show some groups, discuss shot count, Ill assume its mag fed, cocking? I get that they are "introducing" a new product line, but man thats basic info for any gun
This appears to be during RMAC , so the event wasn’t over and they hadn’t even won. This was a peak behind the curtain. This wasn’t a sales ad, so I don’t see the worry with not having all that info.

Donnie needs to be careful when transferring IP to China(or anyone outside of his company for that matter), once milk is spilled you can’t put it back.
Sounded like the Chinese company is developing it and came to them for input to take it next level. I might be wrong, but that is what I got out of it.

Reactions: pjclarke