KalibrGun Ocelot. To buy or not?

You have a tuned PP750 too, right? You liking the 700 better?

yes, I’m partial to the PP700 still and waiting on Wes to get back to me on his inventory and hopefully get it tuned by Brian like the 750.

My current PP700 has the 16 inch barrel and I might get the wood carbine stock for it and then get another PP700 with the polished and crowned barrel. For backyard target shooting they are really hard to beat especially with the after market parts from Wes! It feels like it is becoming the AR of air pistol. It also helps that they are dead accurate and very reliable with few moving parts. I just shot a few groups last night and with the longer barrel shooting CPHP @840FPS And I got down to 1/4 inch group at 35 yards if I can do my part. Need better stock and trigger is still a little mush but those are the only down side to the PP700.

Honestly I’m still on the fence with the 750 because the 700s are so damn good. OYODLE was right when he said they are the same price and the 750 has many more moving parts. I know I’ll get another 700, many even one more if I decide not to keep the 750.

Wow so you might wind up with as many as three 700s even though you have a pro-tuned 750? That certainly speaks worlds for the 700. Unfortunately it also implies that the 750 has surprisingly little to offer in comparison. I was thinking of buying the 750, but now I'll think a little longer, thanks.

Honestly the 700 set the bar pretty high and aftermarket support is great from Wes which makes it really hard to beat. I most likely get another 700 and keep my 750. But both of the 700 will be .177 and the 750 is .22 for backpack squire hunt. 

I cycled the cocking lever more today and it’s definitely smoothing out like Brian said it would. I’m really liking the trigger now it’s a little lighter. Shooting 1/2 inch kill zone pretty confidently @20 yards with the stock extended so I’m really liking it.

if you are deciding on 700 or 750 I would say.....get both!!! They both are well under 300 dollars!!! They are unique guns. 700 is superb at backyard target shooting and plinking, can be super quiet if tuned down with a moderator. 750 is a better backpack multi-shot gun. Either way try to get Brian to tune it because it’s very reasonable and really improved the pistol. 

Hi,

I like the trigger on the PP700 over the PP750, lighter and better mechanical design. The side-lever on the PP750 makes loading much easier then the PP700, but, the magazines the PP750 come with can be problematic. Pellets can be difficult to feed because of bad alignment in the magazine. CARM makes magazines for the PP750, https://www.carm-magazines.com/pp750-magazine.aspx  The grip on the PP700 is more sculpted to your hand, but, i did get comfortable with the PP750's grip. Also the regulator on the PP700 is externally adjustable and the it has an external transfer port adjustment while the adjusting the hammer spring requires removing the grip. The PP750 has an externally adjustable hammer spring, regulator adjustment requires removing the air cylinder. PP750 has an extendable stock, but, you can by a folding stock for the PP700. The major basic difference is repeater vs single shot. You will need spare o-rings for either, the one on the inside fill port tends to leek. My PP750 was an early build so the poppet valve failed. I printed a PLA poppet valve that has been working for 6month now.

I know that this is an old post...but...

The trigger in the Ocelot that I just bought used, is VERY nice. Not hard at all. The previous owner (or someone) did an excellent job of adjusting the trigger

You boys know that it is adjustable...right. It doesn't sound like it from reading the above posts.

This gun is in very nice condition, paid just a little over half the cost of a new gun.

I shoot offhand, so it may be difficult to see how well it shoots. Though, I can go back and forth between this and my AP16 for comparison.

Mike

I know that this is an old post...but...

The trigger in the Ocelot that I just bought used, is VERY nice. Not hard at all. The previous owner (or someone) did an excellent job of adjusting the trigger

You boys know that it is adjustable...right. It doesn't sound like it from reading the above posts.

This gun is in very nice condition, paid just a little over half the cost of a new gun.

I shoot offhand, so it may be difficult to see how well it shoots. Though, I can go back and forth between this and my AP16 for comparison.

Mike

Sure is an old post. Just happened to stumble across it again. The trigger is very nice on the Ocelot. I agree that some may have overlooked the trigger adjustment. Not sure as to why. I just happen to be shooting mine right now. Picking off some sparrows between 25 and about 47 yards. It is accurate, thats for sure. Yes I do miss now and then, but that is totally my fault. Not the pistol. I am using a UTG pistol scope on it currently. The Ocelot has been trouble free since I bought it. Was around the time it came out, and I do shoot the hell out of it.