• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Kalibrgun noisy "ping"

Hi ,in some of my previous topics you've maybe noticed that I'm a Kalibrgun enthousiast . My last one , the Tactical 60 is a great rifle and so is the Argus , as some owners opinions prove it . But I think that we , Kalibrgun guys , have the same discrepancy about it : the hammer "ping' is LOUD , which can be annoying at time , especially on a gun which is very quiet in itself.

So , did anybody try to tame this "problem" ? I thought putting a classic rubber depinger in the air tube could be a solution , or putting some absorbing stuff around the air tube ,on the outside, like self-adheside rubber foam,could fix the problem ....but would not be very aesthetic , for sure. Is there another way to fight this noise ? I noticed that FX guns with air tube tanks don't have this problem . Is sling shot hammer system quieter ?

It's interesting that you say this. I have a few crickets as well, but the Tactical 60 has a "special" or different ping from the other models I own. I have noticed that it seems to change - sometimes from shot-to-shot and sometimes after the bottle pressure drops a bit. I hope to shoot some videos of the crickets when I get time over the holidays. I'll see if I can capture this in a recording...

Airforce Airguns has put a small strip of tape (about 3/16” wide) around a coil of the hammer spring on some models of their guns. 
This dampens the resonate frequency of the spring when released. It probably won’t totally eliminate the ping but maybe it will dampen and shorten the duration making it more of a “ping” rather than a “piiiiiinnnnng” sound on your guns.

This air hammer pinging in the air tube is a common occurrence with PCP that are unregulated. With the regulator comes noticably less or no pinging within the small regulated plenum area. A bottle brush is a common homebrew remedy to stop the air and sound wave from traveling back and forth in the air cylinder. This was the latest one I installed in the AEA Challenger Bullpup. Yours may not need the two brush segments, but I found this really works well to stop the pinging sound.

IMG_20211106_0009211924.1638582647.jpg

This air hammer pinging in the air tube is a common occurrence with PCP that are unregulated. With the regulator comes noticably less or no pinging within the small regulated plenum area. A bottle brush is a common homebrew remedy to stop the air and sound wave from traveling back and forth in the air cylinder. This was the latest one I installed in the AEA Challenger Bullpup. Yours may not need the two brush segments, but I found this really works well to stop the pinging sound.

//www.w3.org/2000/svg%22%20viewBox=%220%200%20210%20140%22%3E%3C/svg%3E

Is this a serious solution to the problem 🤔 I can't tell haha.

//www.w3.org/2000/svg%22%20viewBox=%220%200%20210%20140%22%3E%3C/svg%3E//www.w3.org/2000/svg%22%20viewBox=%220%200%20210%20140%22%3E%3C/svg%3E//www.w3.org/2000/svg%22%20viewBox=%220%200%20210%20140%22%3E%3C/svg%3E

Is this a serious solution to the problem
1f914.svg
I can't tell haha.

Yes, it is a working solution, no B.S. I don't know who came up with it, but I learned of it on the forum's and have used it successfully in a couple of PCP rifle air cylinders now. Search "bottle brush" and you'll see that some stuff a whole brush up there...

I have to try this !!! Sometimes the simpler solutions are the best. Although the air tube on the Tactical is rather short , it could help ; some rubber foam glued outside the tube should also improve the noise reduction . I'll let you know about the results..
1f609.svg

Here's member davecole's solution to the long, using a 1" long piece of pcv pipe fitted tightly in the cylinder. I like the pcv idea better because it takes is less space.

"Determine the diameter of the air tube.
Acquire a piece of clear PVC tubing slightly larger in diameter. You will only need a piece approximately 1” long?

De-gas the air tube.

Cut a slot lengthwise in the tubing.
Check the fit of the PVC tubing in the air tube.

If necessary, remove material of the PVC tubing lengthwise until the tubing fits snugly but doesn’t overlap. 
push the PVC tubing into the air tube about six inches.

re-install the air tube.

This will dampen the resonating frequency created in the air tube from firing the gun."