kalibrgun cricket mini tactical parts

I have narrowed my list down to the Kalibergun cricket tactical mini in .22cal, and the brocock sniper xr Sahara in .22 cal for my next rifle purchase. I have done research on them both but would like to hear from folks that have them, their experiences with shot count, accuracy, Maintenace, parts issues, ETC. the good and bad. This will be my first dip into the higher end PCP rifles. I currently have the Benjamin Cayden, it's been a nice accurate rifle Zero complaints other than it's a little long, I would like to have a shorter rifle for field target shooting.

The Cricket tactical is more of a bench rest gun due to its stupid way of loading the magazine. You literally need three hands to load the magazine. And once loaded, you will be having issues of indexing and cycling the magazine, just a badly engineered design overall. Plenty of complaints for this particular model, just do some search on this forum. I had one and couldn't return it fast enough.

I have owned both guns. The KalibrGun is a nice gun but needs to be disassembled to adjust the regulator. I also found that I did not like the way you load the magazine into the KalibrGun It is rather cumbersome. The trigger on the KalibrGun was much nicer than the Brocock Which helped me to be more accurate with it.

The Brocock has an externally adjustable regulator which makes tuning it for different pellet weights easier. It also has a nice magazine that is easier to load in the gun than the KalibrGun. The best part about the Brocock is it is very easy to work on if it developers a leak. Since Daystate purchased them the guns have improved quite a bit.

I always found both guns to be accurate for my purposes but I am a hunter not a target shooter.

Get accustom to the Kalibrgun and you will not regret it. Folks complain about the mag system and I do understand. This is the thing though, it indexes a non spring loaded mag. That means using these non self-indexing mags is as non intrusive to a pellet as single loading. Mag changes for me aren’t an issue but I’ve used this platform for 10 years now.

Speaking of 10 years, the Kalibrguns are a snap to work on. Yes, you must pull the reg to adjust; big deal. They have one of the best regs ever made. They use CZ barrels on .177 & .22 and LW on .25 & .30. The guns are robust, accurate and straightforward to maintain for years and years. Parts available from AoA.

D8DA4681-108B-496F-BDB8-739964709B73.jpeg

I've owned both and what has been said about the magazine loading / indexing is a fact. The Kricket mags don't index smoothly and feel "clunky" is the only way I can think about describing the feel. They have good triggers and are accurate. I've had 2 Gen 1s and 1 Gen 2 and they haven't fixed the mag issue yet. If you are considering the Eastern European platform then also think about the Taipan. They have similar build qualities, use CZ and LW barrels have world class triggers and MUCH smoother cocking feel and the mags are a cinch to change. Yes, they are rear cocking but its not a deal breaker and the new Gen 2s are supposed to have forward cocking. They hold air forever too.

Brococks are great rifles but the triggers are a tad behind the Taipans if you are a trigger snob? They shoot well and AOA stands 100% behind them if you ever have any problems. I have an Atomic and its a great little hunting and pesting platform. I've owned XRs and they are very robust and reliable. The only warning I would offer on the Brocock's is to fill them VERY VERY slowly as they have a tiny O-ring in the fill port check valve and if filled too fast the air friction passing over the 0-ring will cook the o-ring and will develop a leak. Fill it slowly and you will not have any issues.

Reactions: Headshots
I can only comment on the C2T .30. This is my first .30 cal air rifle, and my first Kalibrgun. I am just beginning my familiarity journey with it. I consider my standards to be completely unrealistic. I am a perfectionist, and a former aerospace manufacturing process engineer/CNC programmer/machinist that now works in quality control for a software company that makes software for people that do what I used to do. I am ALWAYS disappointed....with everything, and everyone.

Magazine indexing is clunky, and prone to over-indexing in .30 caliber. My magazines have been modified (not by me) to prevent over-indexing. But they still over-index. There is an adjustable spring loaded detent below the magazine. I'm still trying to find the magic amount of tension that balances indexing correctly with smoothness. Blue loctite or vibra tite on the adjustment screw will likely be needed (if I ever find the magic tension). Maybe some parts need to wear in a bit?

The hammer spring adjuster creeps out with each shot taken. Not sure if this is a .30 cal specific "feature". Vibra tite was suggested for the hammer spring adjuster threads. I am going to try teflon tape (I just have 0 confidence in vibra tite....too many previous disappointments with its performance with springer stock screws and trigger adjustment screws).

The lower pic rail is held in place with one screw. There is also one pin that engages a clearance fit hole, to prevent sideways rotation of the rail. My use for my C2T is primarily target shooting from a bench. Attaching a rail extension for a bipod provides significant leverage advantage. Any sideways force will rotate the lower rail, and loosen the screw. I'm working on designing a lower rail that will capture the sides of the "block" that the bottle screws to....and not rely on the pin to prevent this sideways rotation/loosening of the one bolt. See here: https://www.airgunnation.com/thread...n-rifles-c2t-lower-pic-rail-mounting.1286985/

Reactions: Airgnr_Ind
Get accustom to the Kalibrgun and you will not regret it. Folks complain about the mag system and I do understand. This is the thing though, it indexes a non spring loaded mag. That means using these non self-indexing mags is as non intrusive to a pellet as single loading. Mag changes for me aren’t an issue but I’ve used this platform for 10 years now.

Speaking of 10 years, the Kalibrguns are a snap to work on. Yes, you must pull the reg to adjust; big deal. They have one of the best regs ever made. They use CZ barrels on .177 & .22 and LW on .25 & .30. The guns are robust, accurate and straightforward to maintain for years and years. Parts available from AoA.

View attachment 347169
Exactly what Derrick says above. I’ve owned over 10 Crickets in the past 5 years. Every single one was very accurate and reliable. Easy to work on. I’d recommend the mini Carbine over the Cricket2.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oregun
I have never own a kalibrgun rifle.

I own two brocok Bantams. The .25 need a lot of work to finally work perfectly (including change of a barrel and replacement of the spring of the hammer because got broken).

My best recomendation would be to buy an Airgun Tchnology rifle or a Daystate, if you want the old sistem of hammer and spring. Those rifles are very good !!!

If you want the modern sistem (Huben, LCS, Rattler and Sidewinder) that is much easier in every aspect, I would recommend the Sidewinder.

Not the exact same gun that you are looking at, but the same platform of gun. Meaning only the outside details have changed.

I've got both the Kalibrgun and the Brocock Atomic XR.
Toss a coin... You won't go wrong with either gun. The Cricket will be a bit heavier, but you can see that when you look at the specs...right ?
Both shoot well, and while the Atomic XR is fairly new to my collection, I've had zero problems with either gun. I can't exactly compare the shooting as one is a rifle, the other, I have set up as a pistol.
If you are walking the woods / fields, the Brocock is by far the easier to carry, weight wise. But on the other hand, the Cricket, being slightly heavier, will be easier to aim, shooting offhand.
And yeah, some complain about the Crickets magazine loading....they have another open the front door for them !

Both are quality guns that should give a long life.

1681137032633.jpeg

1681137059831.jpeg

Mike

Exactly what Derrick says above. I’ve owned over 10 Crickets in the past 5 years. Every single one was very accurate and reliable. Easy to work on. I’d recommend the mini Carbine over the Cricket2.
Your article in hard air magazine was great and was a big deciding factor towards the purchase of the mini carbine. Articles like yours really help with the decision-making process. Thanks for your efforts.

I bought a cricket 25 cal 6 yrs ago had them send it to Earnest, he done he's magic on the trigger, hammer spring and everything internally. I haven't had the first issue just grab it and go stack pellets in the same hole! I'm starting to want a new rifle for slugs so I'm looking. But i will never go hunting anywhere without bringing my CRICKET along!

I bought a cricket 25 cal 6 yrs ago had them send it to Earnest, he done he's magic on the trigger, hammer spring and everything internally. I haven't had the first issue just grab it and go stack pellets in the same hole! I'm starting to want a new rifle for slugs so I'm looking. But i will never go hunting anywhere without bringing my CRICKET along!
If you want to start slug shooting talk too zx10wall (Derrick Wall) he can set you up.