Kalibrgun Cricket II

When I spend close to 2000 dollars I can decide to be wimp or not, would you Buy a 60k car with manual windows? 

for the money many things are more than lacking, I don’t see what’s new about it besides the poorly executed forward cocking lever. accuracy is average at best, 300 dollar avenger or 500 dollar akela can do better. Still old small capacity magazine that will let you dry fire. A 999 dollar Dreamline or 1300 dollar wildcat can do way better in every aspect for cheaper??? 

if anything the gun is straight up subpar and “wimpy”.

If a hatsan have a rough cocking is expected for its price and power that is making and you could live with it until it gets better but at $1700 you expect perfection nothing else..you are at $300 less than a impact you be better buying the impact..or a uragan..the thing I can't understand is taipan simply perfected the cricket original design..uragan take it to the next level..you as a airgun designer and fabricator have all the input from a page like this one of what people want or are buying and this is the best it could do..between the taipan and the uragan it was plenty space for the design of the new cricket..I love the crickets I have a few..but there's is nothing there to motivates me to go for a new one...but the new leshy well that have me thinking...in this air gunning hobby..we are adults expressing a option over a product there is no need to be calling names to other members..this are stupid toys n we could be dead tomorrow..

Looking at the design logically, I don’t see how it could take a lot of effort to cock. Engineering wise, it has a mechanical advantage over a straight pull back or bolt actions design, e.g., R5M & Mrod design. 

Again, logic tells me, having a strap holding the gun down across the shroud, as in the video, is a bad idea for accuracy.

lastly, logic again tells me, before making an assumption about the Cricket 2 generated from a subpar “review” video, let’s see if actual owners appreciate them. Or maybe just maybe, let an actual professional reviewer such as Steve at AEAC complete a proper review of the PCP.

By all means though, if you don’t approve of the Cricket 2 because of the posted video, roast it if you like, just know, you may eat crow soon 😁

Derek, points out some flaws of the review. Along with the barrel/ shroud being strapped down which is a big no-no for accuracy, he also did not clean the barrel. I also have tested many a Cricket that liked a different pellet other than the JSB. All of the pellets I test with are made by JSB but they all tend to perform differently in a given gun. That particular gun might have liked the FX, or the Air Arms or the Edgun pellet better than the JSB, especially if he had cleaned the barrel and did not strap it down. Also did he try different velocity setting's with the hammer spring adjuster? I have seen many guns go to much smaller groups with just a ten foot per second adjustment to get it in it's sweet spot. Also, when I test a gun it is usually early in the morning with minimal wind clamped and bench rested to remove the human factor and the enviromental factor as much as possible. 

A very narrow test video with improper methods used, does not dictate the end quality of an airgun.

Thanks

Charlie Frear, Georgia Airguns

Jury is still out obviously but with all the new guns being so good the cricket 2 needs to up the game. Regardless of the video quality the Small old mag that lets you dry fire on empty and not so forward forward cocking lever is already showing the lack of attention to detail or any real effort to improve. 

I know not veryone likes FX but the wildcat Mk3 at 400 dollars cheaper sets the bar very very high. Even the akela would give the cricket 2 competition at over 1200 dollars cheaper, that’s almost a wildcat or a Brocock or daysstate regal.........I’ll take an akela and a regal for the same price please. 

Jury is still out obviously but with all the new guns being so good the cricket 2 needs to up the game. Regardless of the video quality the Small old mag that lets you dry fire on empty and not so forward forward cocking lever is already showing the lack of attention to detail or any real effort to improve. 

I know not veryone likes FX but the wildcat Mk3 at 400 dollars cheaper sets the bar very very high. Even the akela would give the cricket 2 competition at over 1200 dollars cheaper, that’s almost a wildcat or a Brocock or daysstate regal.........I’ll take an akela and a regal for the same price please.

What is the price of the Cricket 2? Where have you seen it?

What is the price of the Cricket 2? Where have you seen it?

It’s mentioned in this thread to start @1699 or 1700, the old one is 1600-1900 discounted to 1400-1600 so it won’t be cheaper. At this price I would buy either impact or Uragan or daystate or Leslie 2......or veteran and 2 PP700 or 1720t......the list goes on and on. 

It’s mentioned in this thread to start @1699 or 1700, the old one is 1600-1900 discounted to 1400-1600 so it won’t be cheaper. At this price I would buy either impact or Uragan or daystate or Leslie 2......or veteran and 2 PP700 or 1720t......the list goes on and on.

I still don't see the price, maybe I'm blind today 😂. For those that don't want a bottle, Uragan & Impact are out. Veteran is a good choice but cocking is way in the back. PP700 or 1720t, not familiar with those. The Leshiy 2 has way too many unanswered questions currently.

Charlie Frear, what is the actual price of the Cricket 2?

Just a little info i got a few months back from a well known employee at AoA that did physically put his hands on the Argus. 

If you guys remember AoA had a couple of the guns that they sold as " used " , they were the guns that Kalibrgun had at the show ...

I was trying to buy one of them but they had all been sold by the time i talked to this employee.... 

The point of this is those guns Did have what he called " rough or ragged " cocking and the fit and finish was nowhere near what the previous crickets were... These are his words Not mine.

Now were these just prototypes and not production guns , who knows , i am just posting what i was told about those particular guns and maybe this is coming to fruition , i certainly hope not ......