• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Kalibrgun Cricket II WB .22 has arrived!

Ordered end of October. Actually called to ask a couple questions and Charlie said he was getting ready to leave to pick up the first shipment of the new cricket 2. Told him I wanted one and he sent the purchase agreement. I ordered a power tuned .25 in the WSA stock. Got scope and bipod ready for installation when it gets here. Got pigs and coyote in mind for this one

I added a post here to the PCP Tuning forum with hammer spring adjustment testing.

Hammer spring testing 12-19-20.1608556741.jpg

I love the Kalibrguns! I have the Gen1 Cricket with the special order carbine stock. The factory chocolate stain didn't do it for me, so I sanded that off and added Rosewood caps, Checkering and a Maccari Royal London Oil satin finish.

I Also have the Colibri (Hummingbird). Both .22cal. Very accurate, 14 round mags, and not to heavy with light glass. I don't hunt, and shot count is important to me, so I have both of my Kali's set up for 860fps with JSB 15.9gr. Cricket gets 70 shots per fill, Colibri=84.

IMG_20190510_144040824.1608577745.jpg

Colibri 5.1608578356.jpg

What's not to Love!!!

Scott

• Love
Reactions: RedPhoenix
Both very good looking!

Thank you,

They have a beefy look that I do like.

I forgot to mention, that I purchased the donnyfL magazine latch plate, which allows you to lock the mag latch in the open, rearward position, making it easier to insert the magazine. Many others have complained that you need three hands to load a mag. With Donny's replacement plate, you only need two! LOL.

LOL! I got that but haven't installed it yet. Mainly because it's so small I can't find where I left it! I hope you find it's not too bad. I've gotten used to using the Cricket as designed, as far as that goes, so it's not a super big deal to me. But still I hope it is not too much a waste of time. Then again, I already spent the money, so it's a done deal and if it's not ideal, well, no big deal.

Colibri 5.1608578356.jpg

What's not to Love!!!

Scott

Not to take anything away from the carbine stocked Cricket, but those hummingbirds had such a unique design.

I agree. I'm not usually a fan of synthetic stocks, (I'm a metal and wood guy), but when I had the opportunity to purchase this sort of rare silver version of the Colibri, with the contrasting black rubberized stock, I just had to have it. One of my favorites.

Congrats! And Charlie does great work.

Now, my question is where are the Capybara? Come on Kalibrgun!

I too have been waiting for the Capybara for about 4-5 years now. I thought it would be my next semi auto AG.

Well, I finally gave up waiting and ordered a Leshiy 2 instead. LOL.

I bought two Colibri when they first came out but been waiting for the Capybara. The wait has been killing me so I spontaneously bought two, gen 1 Leshiy years ago, love it so much ordered two Leshiy 2 in April and will be here next week.

Been looking at the new Cricket II but I think the Leshiy will fulfill all my needs. We'll see.

Congrats! And Charlie does great work.

Now, my question is where are the Capybara? Come on Kalibrgun!

I too have been waiting for the Capybara for about 4-5 years now. I thought it would be my next semi auto AG.

Well, I finally gave up waiting and ordered a Leshiy 2 instead. LOL.

I bought two Colibri when they first came out but been waiting for the Capybara. The wait has been killing me so I spontaneously bought two, gen 1 Leshiy years ago, love it so much ordered two Leshiy 2 in April and will be here next week.

Been looking at the new Cricket II but I think the Leshiy will fulfill all my needs. We'll see.

Congrats on having TWO L2's on the way!!! I look forward to getting mine.

Yeah, the L classic has been a great little shooter, but I do long for the L2's SA action. should be very cool.

Did some quick testing with lighter pellets today. Here's how Crosman Premiere Hollow Points compare to JSB Express. Both are about 14.3 grains. I shot them with the hammer spring turned back 4 turns from how it was delivered. Given how these relatively light JSBs did today with variable winds, I can't wait to test them on a calm day! Each group is a full 14-shot magazine shot at 53 yards:

jsb express vs cphp at 53.1608761457.jpg

(wind was blowing from right to left)

Check out more of my hammer spring / velocity testing here.

Wow, you buy two of everything?

That's too cool. You da man!
1f44d.svg

One for the wife and one for me. Of course I had to sell other guns to fund new ones. Wish i had the money to keep all of them.

That helps explain it 😉 That's nice that your wife joins you shooting. Mine is very supportive of my hobby, but has little interest in shooting.

I too have been rotating AG's in and out, for 4 decades. Usually have around 15 at any given time. That approach has allowed me to own many many wonderful guns to play with. I guess I just rent them huh. Lol