• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Kalibrgun Cricket II WB .22 has arrived!

She sure is pretty!!! Very nice looking wood! How is the cocking lever?

Hi Blackpaw, thanks! Yes, it's quite a nice stock! The cocking is very smooth and has a "two-stage" feel. The side lever comes back to just shy of 90 degrees (first stage) and then you feel the force of the actual cocking mechanism and indexing of the magazine. That last part is still very smooth but it's clear that Kalibrgun designed it to take mechanical advantage of that position of the lever. It's firm, but still the cocking action can be done with one finger.

This is good. Thank you.

Here's a quick video showing what's "under the hood" regarding the sidelever action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXMJ560Q4Y4

Yes, one extra mag. I got the entire package coming...Sightron Scope, rings, scope bubble level, picatinny rail and Sumo moderator.

Outstanding!

Which Sightron scope are you getting? And how is the moderating going to attach? I know the end of the barrel is threaded, is it mounting there and are you ditching the shroud? Did Charlie mention what threads are on the barrel? I have not checked or asked. That would be great info to make note of here. 

Thanks!

Matt, to answer your question a little more clearly. I have to heat up the shroud a little and remove the factory end plug. I then epoxy in a custom machined 1/2 x20 threaded adapter to allow for a Sumo to be screwed on to the end. The threaded adapter does come with a thread cover as well.

Thanks

Charlie Frear, Georgia Airguns

Very interesting. Thanks for the clarification on this Charlie.

Hi @detailKY,

Back in July I reached out to Kalibrgun to do an "Honest, detailed review" of the Cricket II. Much to my surprise (actually shock), they answered my email and actually took me up on the offer. So no, I cannot say that I'm a customer when answering your question above. By the way, I have made similar offers to other air gun makers and never once received so much as a response back from any of them. 

I also own an older Cricket .25 which I received in a trade about one year ago from a private seller. I turned that experience into this post on the HAM web site. Kalibrgun had seen that story and it likely cracked open the door to this journey with the Cricket II.

For reference, here's part of the pitch I made to Kalibrgun:

I’m a methodical documenter, writer, and photographer. My vision is to document my experiences with a new gun in a way that allows others to make informed decisions based on what they see in my posts. I also want my posts to help current owners of that particular gun better understand it and (if they choose to work on it) do so with greater confidence.

With any new (or used) gun I own, I like to establish a baseline with it and understand how it performs OUT OF THE BOX. This includes the obvious; pellet preferences, chronograph testing, looking at air efficiency, shot count, power, and of course accuracy.

These have been my guiding principles in documenting my experience with this gun. 

I don't often post in the "Off Topic" board, but I happened to make this post on authenticity this morning. I value authenticity an see it as something that's becoming more scarce. And that's not a good thing. 

Ultimately, I hope the information shared here in my posts about the Cricket II will help people make the best and most informed decisions possible.

- Matt

I don't like the idea of using a barrel as a sliding rail. Edgun has a much better system.

No way! I couldn’t disagree more. The EDgun’s straight pull back lever (no mechanical advantage) isn’t near as good as this Cricket 2 system, the Vulcan 2 or Uragán. The sidelever offers a mechanical advantage, is much smoother and in my opinion more reliable.

I don't like the idea of using a barrel as a sliding rail. Edgun has a much better system.

No way! I couldn’t disagree more. The EDgun’s straight pull back lever (no mechanical advantage) isn’t near as good as this Cricket 2 system, the Vulcan 2 or Uragán. The sidelever offers a mechanical advantage, is much smoother and in my opinion more reliable.

I think he is referring to how the cocking mechanism slides over( forward and back) the barrel, not so much as the cocking action itself. 

I think he is referring to how the cocking mechanism slides over( forward and back) the barrel, not so much as the cocking action itself.

@ghoststalker, oh yes, I know what @molasar was saying. I personally have no problem with the system sliding on the barrel. The barrel is being utilized as a guide, not what I would call a “rail” but okay. The same has been utilized for over 5 years on many Airgun Technology offerings. The Vulcan 2s and Uragáns both use an almost exact system as the Cricket 2s. They have a strongly proven system. 

The EDgun is not the benchmark in my eyes and that was my point. The straight pull-back is clunky. Sure, those bearings make it look cool and appear as first class but it definitely doesn't feel top notch. It can fail to latch closed and blow-back when fired. Talk about ring your bell! I've never had that happen with any others. I don’t even want to begin talking on that Eddy mag system, yuck! I digress. 

" It can fail to latch closed and blow-back when fired. Talk about ring your bell! I've never had that happen with any others "

Derrick , this is a Very true statement, i have had this happen to me more than once with my R5M, i have stated many times in multiple posts " that you Must be Very deliberate " when cycling / racking the gun

BTW guys talked with Charlie today and he said my gun was next up , Hell Yeah ... Can't wait !!!

Just got to throw in my 2 cents about the eddy vs the cricket/vulcan lever system.

First, kudos to Ed for thinking outside the box of how to do something.

In the world of engineering we have a saying which most of you are familiar with.

KISS- KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID.

So with that said, I have to give the knod to the vulcan, cricket designs on two counts.

First, least amount of introduced materials to accomplish the design intention for function. This means less mechanical wear, less detail parts to fabricate (reduced cost) and for the end consumer, less parts to break. Therefore giving a higher rate of reliability. Ed had a barrel there but chose his own design...like I said..kudos to Ed.

Second, is reduced weight and better function. When it comes to most engineering designs, weight is a critical design target. The Eddy has more parts than the cricket/vulcan design.

The third count, which is not as measurable of a metric but almost, if not as important is the consumer interface. How do you like the tactical feel of the action, what puts a smile on your face...some like the eddy, some like the vulcan/cricket design. You decide.

As far as the mechanical design and using the barrel as a guide...Let me see if I can think of an analogy 🤔....its kinda like hanging a shower curtain from the golden gate bridge...not really going to impact the function of the barrel or the bridge.

Just my 2 cents...

Oh, Charlie where's my gun? 🔫 😤 😁

Reactions: RedPhoenix