• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Air Arms Kalibrgun Cricket II Tact 6,35 Air Regulator

Good morning everyone.

I would like to bring the accuracy and shot repeatability of a 6.35 caliber Cricket 2 Tact as consistent as possible.

I saw that Huma Air makes this regulator:

I have no problems with manual dexterity, but having never installed it, I have no idea how to do it. Can you by any chance give me a reference link for this specific model?

From what I understand, you have to set a specific pressure on the regulator... does anyone have experience with this?

Thank you guys

This is pretty much any tube style regulator, the Huma ones are fortunate that they have a scale on them, the factory one in my AGT Vulcan 3 you sort of have to guess it ( or buy a test tube to test your setting in )

Most often these will replace a regulator that is already there, so maybe you should fiddle with that first, my advise would be to make small adjustments, and if there is no scale maybe make a mark somehow to know where you set off from.
If it is as sensitive as the one in my AGT you should do less than 1/4 turn adjustments.

My rifle do not have a gauge for the regulated pressure, and as i have no reg test tube i have no ides what pressure i have.
But the pressure you need, that most often depend on what weight you are shooting, a setting that work sweet for say a 32 grain pellet might be absolute garbage for a 25 grain pellet.
These old school internal regulators are no good if you change pellet weight often, so generally you should find a pellet / wight that work good for you, and then leave it at that, or make do with just hammer adjustments which are sort of easy to get to well on my AGT V3 at least ( you have to take the whole stock off but its only 2 screws on my rifle )

You of course need a chronograph here, otherwise it is pretty much just guessing and trial and error.

Last edited:
Reactions: pan60 and MD_
It do depend on what you shoot, both projectile weight but also type, i generally shoot 13.43 grain slugs, i have some pellets pretty much the same weight but they do not work at the speed as the slugs, the pellets are better at a 100 - 150 FPS slower speed.
So i can not directly switch between the two, i at least have to loosen up the hammer spring to hit the valve slower so it release less air with each shot.

And even if you just go pellets, and have largely the same weight, for instance in my case with .177 caliber 10.34 grain JSB heavy VS 10.60 grain H&N Barracuda pellets, both diabolos, but their ideal speed are probably not the very same.

It is often a good idea to have a stock of different pellets and slugs for that matter if you are into that, in the old days there wasent really a way to adjust much, so we just had to find the pellet that worked the best.
This is why you can buy pellet assortments with 50 or so in each weight, to try them out to see which one are the best, even today with more adjustable rifles it is still a good thing to have.
I have at least 1 tin of about 10 - 12 different pellet weights ( 9 - 20 grain ) and brands ( mostly JSB and H&N ) too, even if my 2 latest .177 rifles have both adjustable regulators and hammer spring adjustment.

My .22 FX cyclone from 2012, while it have 3 speed / power settings it is pretty much just restricting the flow of the air to behind the pellet, there is no regulator in that rifle not even a way to adjust the hammer spring tension.
So we soon learned get 15 and 18 grain JSB pellets and you are good, i actually never really tried others in that rifle as the once we got worked so good.

Back then just going by accuracy as i did not have a chronograph back then.

Last edited:
I'm very happy with the JSB Exact King MK2. Precise even at long distances...

I tried the H&N Hornets which are scary as they are piercing... but I lose a lot of precision... beyond 30 meters they are decidedly unreliable

yesterday morning I shot a few shots with the MK2... the speed of the ball initially in the morning around 08:30 AM was about 268 M/S after about an hour it had dropped to 262 M/S... I held the cylinder always charged at around 200 Bar...

I don't know why it changes so much... I thought I'd go and find out if it was a regulator problem....