Kalibrgun Cricket cocking lever won't stay back

Hey agn I've been using my cricket I purchased used now for a few months and one gripe I noticed right away was the cocking lever wouldn't stay back when trying to load a magazine, but figured it was part of the nuisance people talked about when they referred to loading a cricket in general. Was just wondering if this is the case or if I can fix this so I don't so desperately need 3 hands to load the gun.

-Brandon

Gen 1 or gen 2?

Gen 1 

The Taipan Vet cocking lever will cease to lock / cock if the hammer spring has too much pressure on it. Perhaps your behaves similarly and is adjusted to far clockwise?

Not sure if we are talking about the same thing. You might be talking about a floppy, won't stay in its place issue?

I tried setting the hammer spring throughout the entire tension range and the lever still does not lock in the rear position and has to be continuously held back when loading a mag or cocking the gun. The hammer spring is the one that came with the gun and has not been further shimmed so I'm not sure this is the issue. Otherwise the cocking lever is smooth and locks in place at the forward position when a pellet is pushed into the breach so I am not seeing any flop in it.

Do you mean the lever that rotates the magazine or the level that is the centerpin of the magazine? There is a fix for the centerpin I saw on Youtube. You cut a slot with a demmel tool.

The lever that rotates the mag. I don't mind having to hold the one for the centerpin back but having to do both that and the cocking lever at the same time while loading a magazine makes it tough.

I just cocked mine to check for you. After a while it becomes second nature and I did not even remember. However, on mine, the cocking lever stays cocked back and I can just pull on the pin lever and do the change. However, however..... it does have the tendency to fall back in by gravity if not careful and the pin goes into the magazine. Easiest thing to do is to Dremel it out as suggested, makes life easier. I actually just bought one already done for my Mini from DonnyFL (lazy) and have not bothered with my PT .25 BP. I did ask Kalibrgun about this and said they would not do them like that from factory due to some liability issue or other.