Kalibrgun Cricket 2 Tactical is sweet

Several weeks ago I received the New Kalibrgun Cricket 2 Tactical in .30 caliber to review for Airguns Of Arizona. I have had some experience with this brand over the years and have always found them to be of exceptional quality. I had planned to get to work with this rifle out in the wilderness over several days of hunting and camping. I always like to get these guns out in the field to learn how they function and perform under real conditions that a typical user might. My first impressions of the gun were very good, very well machined components and extremely nice fit and finish. I loaded up the Jeep and spent the next few days hunting ground squirrels with one taken out to 140 yards and a few others closer. This enclosed video recaps that adventure and do have another post in the hunting gate talking in more detail of those days spent. The following week I headed over to the range for the second time where I planned to document a more closer look at the Cricket Tactical's features and performance using both pellets and slugs. I will enclose a few screenshots as well as the full video that I was very pleased with, it's definitely a great shooting gun. The un-choked Polygonal barrel is really nice and shot the 54.5gr NSA's really well. I look at the price point of this gun and can see it being extremely competitive with many other guns that cost more, the only downside I could find was the weight.

Snapshot_3.1627323668.png

Snapshot.1627323689.png

Snapshot_5.1627323706.png

Snapshot_11.1627323724.png

Snapshot_8.1627323741.png

Snapshot_12.1627323757.png

Snapshot_13.1627323776.png

Snapshot_15.1627323794.png

Snapshot_17.1627323808.png

Snapshot_20.1627323824.png

Snapshot_21.1627323837.png

https://youtu.be/S_z4Skn5TFs

Dana I watched your field review of the tactical also , great job as always ! Have to mention Kalibrgun really screwed up on the hand grip , I went to a gun shop hoping to find a nice AR rubber grip , no go , their block is to fat and long so one would have to do big modifications too a AR rubber grip . If I'm wrong someone please correct me and also send me a P.M. where I can get one . Excellent review Dana Darell

Dana I watched your field review of the tactical also , great job as always ! Have to mention Kalibrgun really screwed up on the hand grip , I went to a gun shop hoping to find a nice AR rubber grip , no go , their block is to fat and long so one would have to do big modifications too a AR rubber grip . If I'm wrong someone please correct me and also send me a P.M. where I can get one . Excellent review Dana Darell

I actually loved the grip size as I have big hands, I can see possibly contouring the wood to fit a smaller hand better. Haven't really looked at changing them out but would imagine something might fit considering how many choices on the market.

Hey Dana,

How would you compare this to the American Air Arms Evol .30? Accuracy, build quality, weight, etc...

thanks,

Bill

The Evol is a much lighter gun,build quality is similar but the Evol is much more long range capable due to the built in moa. Both have similar power but the Cricket is not a carry field gun, more for Benchrest or stationary type hunting. 

I just received mine in .30 cal. With the hammer spring at full velocity it shoots 44.75 pellets right a 900 FPS. I do not know if you did any chrono testing but was wondering if your was the same?

Did you gradually take the velocity up over the chrony or just crank HST to max and test? Once you reach the plateau, more HST will cause velocity to decrease. 

The .30 is advertised to achieve 92 FPE. 44.75s at 900 fps is only 80.5 FPE so I'd say something is lacking. 

Mine was set towards the middle of the adjustment and was able to get it up to the full power with few turns but I noticed more flyers. I settled on shooting pellets in the 83fpe range as the accuracy was much better. I think 90+ fpe is a bit much for pellets and would be more suited to using slugs. The guns much easier to cock, accurate and much more efficient at a conservative power.