• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Kalibrgun Colibri / Hummingbird

Hold air for ever. Extremely accurate. Shoots like a dream. My backyard tree rats hates the hummingbird! 
1592929816_8433153385ef22e187ffa89.45351559.jpeg

You are correct, they are super accurate and fun to shoot. Also one of the best looking bullpup designs I've ever seen. I highly recommend buying one if you are prepared to give it a little upfront attention.

Why didn't they catch on? The Colibri didn't always work well out of the box, it requires some some initial adjustment and modification for the gun to cycle correctly. This could cause air to blow out of the breech when firing, this is scary and often painful since your face it pressed against the breech. I sent mine to Ernest for a tune and to add a spring to the mag indexer, the gun has functioned perfectly ever since.

The other contributor to its demise was that it was marketed as a semi-auto, but it never happened. If memory serves, Kalibrgun released it with the understanding that this functionality would be added later. I think they are doing the same thing with the Capybara.

Kevin.

I'm a new owner of a Colibri, it's an awesome rifle, really really accurate, i love this gun!!!! fitted on it a Vector Optics Veyron ffp, it's a laser, from time to time a little indexing problem, i must find a micro spring to solve it, but i'm really happy with it, i shoot too with the cricket of my friend Fabien, i prefer by far the Colibri, trigger and loading are much more easy than the Cricket, 

Reactions: RAMJET66
i have owned 3, the first one was from topgun airguns, delivered to me non working , sent it back, got it 2 months later in the same none working condition, sold it to Yellow forum member at a loss, a year or so later purchased # 2 from a forum member , & it developed blow back after 1 mag , sent it to a tuner , got it back still having blowback, purchased # 3 from same member as # 2 , & it has sporadic blow back, the last 2 i have have been on the shelf for a few years , to be honest i am scared of them , it really stings when it is against the cheeck, i have hopes of someday getting them repaired, as i really like them they are compact & queit (sic ?)

My Colibri has been my go to airgun for all of my backyard tree rats problem’s. Since I resealed the regulator back in late 2020

it has not been back inside my safe as it’s so much fun to shoot. I added a Tatsu to the bird and it’s really mouse fart quite and super accurate.
FB73F2BC-A9AA-4188-AD5E-6C53CDB6016F.jpeg

Hi Jack,
Do you know where can I find spare parts for the Colibri? I need the regulator assembly as well as some other parts...
I believe Kalibrgun still have some parts available for the Colibri. @Michael needed few indexing parts for his Colibri last year before I resealed his gun and he was able to get those parts.