• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Kalibrgun Carbine at 100 yards

HI , this is one of my first attempts to shoot +/- consistently at 100 yards.

I first tried with my Cricket.25 , shooting JSB KING HEAVY MKll , but the groups were not those expected ; I suspected a problem with the additional moderator….have to check this.

I took my Kalibrgun Carbine .25 , same pellets , and once again the grouping was not very good. I then switched to the JSB EXACT KING 25 gr at 940 Ft/s and bingo , the groups were tight enough,...well for a beginner like me. The conditions were very good : sun and no wind ( it was 7 in the morning).

Scope is a Hawke 6-24X56 , pellets were resized , not lubed .group is 0.7" CTC ,....without the flyer😏.

I usually use the KING HEAVY in both the Cricket and the Carbine to shoot at 50 yards , and it's pellets over pellets . I don't understand why the groups spread at 100 yards. More experiments to come with these guns : pushing the speed up

with the KING HEAVY , lube the pellets , trying other pellets , but I don't think I can do much better than this group . The beginners 's luck , maybe😄 , but I'll keep going.

1568103014_11253034605d775a66a1a784.15423539_DSC04227.JPG

Mod edit: moved to FT, Benchrest and Target Shooting forum

The gun is untuned ; I'm living in Belgium , a small european country in which very few people are interested in airguns .We don't have tuners like Charlie or Ernest Rowe , but the videos and good american forums can help 😃👍. Maybe one of these days I'll try to put a .22 cal barrel on it to see what JSB Monster pellets can do under 55 Fpe , the power of the gun.I just modified the moderator a bit with small holes to make it backyard friendly , as there is no shroud ..Amazingly enough , both guns have the same power but the Cricket , with a shroud AND a Donnyfl moderator is louder than the Carbine.

Just a few more words : the only "tuning" I made was to enlarge the barrel band hole to make the barrel fully floated. The gun is very light , but I consider it more a bench gun than hunting , being a bit long.

I had a FX boss .30 to shoot at long range and it seemed to be THE gun for 100 yards bench competition, with the RAW. I had some very good groups at this range with it , but I found it a bit cumbersome due to its lenght ( I added a moderator on it ) . Now I've some regrets to have sold it and want to replace it by a Vulcan tactic in .30 . It seems to be a quite accurate gun , and is a semi-bullpup. The only thing which I'm upset about is the noise . I saw some videos on YouTube but have no idea how loud it can be; maybe a DonnyFl could do the job?

Aldea6, I think you will like the Vulcan 2 Tactic. Mine is only slightly less accurate than my Cricket … both in .25 cal. To tell the truth, I have heard very few complaints on the Vulcan 2 Tactic from anybody … they generally shoot like lasers. Mine will group 20 shots in half inch at 60 yards, need to get out to the farm to see what it will do at 100. The Tactic likes .25 JSB Kings at 905 fps and the Cricket likes the JSB .25 King MK2 Heavies at 915 fps.

Can't say about the .30 Tactic, but my .25 Tactic is mouse fart quiet with a Donny FL Sumo on it. Might want to try a Emperor version if you are worried about noise, but the Sumo does an exceptional job on the .25 cal.

Aldea6, I think you will like the Vulcan 2 Tactic. Mine is only slightly less accurate than my Cricket … both in .25 cal. To tell the truth, I have heard very few complaints on the Vulcan 2 Tactic from anybody … they generally shoot like lasers. Mine will group 20 shots in half inch at 60 yards, need to get out to the farm to see what it will do at 100. The Tactic likes .25 JSB Kings at 905 fps and the Cricket likes the JSB .25 King MK2 Heavies at 915 fps.

Can't say about the .30 Tactic, but my .25 Tactic is mouse fart quiet with a Donny FL Sumo on it. Might want to try a Emperor version if you are worried about noise, but the Sumo does an exceptional job on the .25 cal.

You're right likkitysplyt,

I had a Vulcan Tactic in .25 and I miss it. Great gun , very accurate , consistent and yes one of the quietest gun I' ve ever had. If I decide to buy the .30 I hope it will give me the same satisfaction. I'll let you know😉.

Aldea6