KalibrGun Capybara Wood .22 - Now in the U.S.

capybara-1.1614375568.png

https://youtu.be/zw-7RKT-SL4

The cat is out of the bag. ☺️

I have been told that the KalibrGun Capybaras are not just in production they will have more coming. We might see the first guns already being reviewed. The KalibrGun Capybaras if you know where to look are available to order and are currently in stock in the US! I don't know how many but I was told there were a few

I’m going to have one of these, no doubt! 

I've read alot about kalibrgun still in the works with the semi auto kit for the Capybara for a long time.. I don't know if they are waiting for the right time....

If there would be a perfect time to release it, NOW could be the best time ever as Leshiy 2 has been awesome I can speak only from my experience! The thing is a work of art. The magazines are too small though. LCSsk19 has been amazing! However the magazines are not removable. It's just the limitations of the design. 

With some of the semi autos that have come out that have small capacity type magazines or can't be removed... The Capybara has an 18 shot mag that you can easily load remove and buy extras. I like that!

I hope KalibrGun can release the semi auto kit to add on sooner rather than later and keep the community informed. This will be my first KalibrGun. Been waiting for the right one for my needs. 

Also like my TAIPANS which I love, the Capybara seems to have an external power adjuster which I'm curious how it works and how broad of a range it has and whether the adjustments are repeatable and consistent. Trigger is some kind of Polymer on the Capybara which is OK but I love my Taipan trigger. I'm hoping these triggers on the Capybara are great too. I've never tried a cricket but hear they are pretty good. 

I'm excited to see what they do to support this platform! Especially with dealers and warranty work that have excellent reputations. 

20210226_151740.1614397252.jpg
20210226_151644.1614397252.jpg
Capybara-cal.22-scaled-1-scaled.1614397253.jpg
Top picture all black is the colibri. 

2nd picture Capybara with the removable wood foregrip that is adjustable and the wood cheek rest removed. I like that look. Maybe shaves down some to take the gun weight to under 7 lbs weight lol. 

Exploded diagram for anyone curious :

Alot of parts in this gun too. So if you buy one make sure your dealer bought and stocked parts to have on hand. Lol 

I'm really excited about this one. I'm hoping it carries a CZ barrel like my TAIPANS. I love the forward cocking on this one though. It's what was missing on my Vets. I'm a little late to the colibri party though. Still excited! Anyone know if it will be fitted with a cz barrel? @kalibrgun

Well RJGTA, I too have been watching the capybara development for about 5 years now. I keep waiting for the promised SA version though. And Kalibrgun knows how to make a large magazine which is always desirable on a SA rifle. My Colibri and Cricket carbine both have 14 shot mags. An 18 shot Capy would be great.

Like you, I like the looks of the bare forearm without the wood, like the Colibri.

Here is a pic of my two Kalibrguns, Hummingbird, (Colibri), and Cricket mini carbine. They have great triggers and very robust builds imo.

IMG_20190510_144040824.1614435908.jpg
Colibri 6.1614435773.jpg

@Scottblair

Awesome guns you have there! 

Thanks for sharing. I'm not seeing alot of people in favor of this gun the Capybara speaking up so.... Little bit sad but it will be nice to know how these new models being shipped are like and if they have any issues.. Or what things or problems were fixed in the last few years.

Things I'm reading are lack of input on the semi auto being rolled out. The manufacturer has not indicated any time line. That's frustrating. 

Some loading issues... Meaning it has to be cocked quickly in order to cycle? Seems like this issue got ironed out after the 2nd batch

I've confirmed by an owner that the new ones have CZ barrel but nothing official from the manufacturer. 

These are quiet out of the box but an aftermarket 1/2x20 UNF moderator adapter can be added. 

No one has experience on how the power adjuster works? Is it a hammer spring tension adjustment and is it repeatable and how broad of a range does it cover ie. 700 fps-900 fps 18.3 grain?

More to come. 

So many years after it was announced and was supposed to become available, these are now finally trickling into the States?

Had 5 or 6 Colibris and loved them - it remains one of my favorite PCPs ever but I had to buy 5 or 6 of them to get one that worked well, all of the time.

If it's taken Kalibrgun this long to deliver its successor, that doesn't give me a whole lot of confidence that they got it all figured out. I'll sit from the sidelines and watch to see what reports come in from whoever wants to be the guinea pigs on these rodents.

So many years after it was announced and was supposed to become available, these are now finally trickling into the States?

Had 5 or 6 Colibris and loved them - it remains one of my favorite PCPs ever but I had to buy 5 or 6 of them to get one that worked well, all of the time.

If it's taken Kalibrgun this long to deliver its successor, that doesn't give me a whole lot of confidence that they got it all figured out. I'll sit from the sidelines and watch to see what reports come in from whoever wants to be the guinea pigs on these rodents.

Yes , i was Very interested, watched & read everything on Capybara, now i could care less, got TIRED of waiting Btw i have owned 3 Colibri's , recieved the first one & it was malfunctioning sent it back to seller , it came back same way , & was panicking (most i had spent on a airgun at the time, then saw an ad by Yen or he saw mine , cant remember which , so yen purchased it , i lost some $$ (not Yen's fault) dont remember how much , a couple yrs later got # 2 from a forum member & it started having blowback issues, put it on the shelf, & then # 3 came along from same member, worked fine for a few mags , & it started the blow back issue also , it is now on the shelf with #2, would love to get them both repaired, they are pretty queit (sic ? 0 and accurate, BTw if you never expeinced Blowback from a colibri, it will scare the crap out of ya , sorry for long reply , I still like the looks of Colibri over the Capybara, 

I've found that my Colibri requires a little more maintenance than my other PCP's. Pretty easy to work on though.

Mine has experienced the blow back a couple of times, definitely gets your attention. I found that as long as I work the action aggressively, especially when closing the bolt forward, blow back is eliminated. If not closed aggressively enough, the breech bolt won't latch. 

Very accurate, good power, high shot count, and good looks, what more could you want? They are a joy to shoot.

JMO, your mileage will vary.