Kalibrgun Argus 60 in 22cal

Since on one's commented...
I'll throw in some useless info.
I have a Argus 45, in .22, but have never shot slugs out of it.
So, there ya go, at least one comment, as useless as it is.

Why don't you purchase a box of light slugs, shoot them...see what happens ? You can always alter the pressure to get different speeds to achieve the accuracy at distance that you want.
You can buy heavier slugs after YOU get some experience with the speed at distance.

You do have some sort of chronograph don't you ?

Mike

Since on one's commented...
I'll throw in some useless info.
I have a Argus 45, in .22, but have never shot slugs out of it.
So, there ya go, at least one comment, as useless as it is.

Why don't you purchase a box of light slugs, shoot them...see what happens ? You can always alter the pressure to get different speeds to achieve the accuracy at distance that you want.
You can buy heavier slugs after YOU get some experience with the speed at distance.

You do have some sort of chronograph don't you ?

Mike
From what I have read all of these cz barrels from kalibrgun seem to be .216 size and the only company I know of so far that make them in that size is nsa and jsb

NSA makes .216. I have CZ barrels in my Prophet and Taipan and they do well with .216 slugs. Don't even have to push them super fast. I bought some NOE sizing bushings and use them to find a good fit. Just double check the size after sizing as I had 2 that were no where close to what they were marked as. NOE took them back and gave me two undersized ones that I could sand up to the size I was looking for.

I don't shoot slugs out of mine because stock Argus 60 just doesn't have the power to push the slugs fast enough. There is a factory power plenum available for the Argus but can't seem to find any info on it. Perhaps you can reach out to airgun world for more info and keep us updated.

The argus 60 does have enough power for slugs? How fast are you trying to shoot them?

The argus 60 does have enough power for slugs? How fast are you trying to shoot them?
There is not enough power for slugs, at least with my gun. The only slug I tried was 23g 217 Patriot Javelin slugs and it's only going 920 fps at max hammer spring but don't really know what the regulator is set at. It was shooting nickel size groups at 40 yards but the group opens up quite a bit beyond that. I stopped trying afterwards. I can only assume fps would be slower with heavier grains.

There is not enough power for slugs, at least with my gun. The only slug I tried was 23g 217 Patriot Javelin slugs and it's only going 920 fps at max hammer spring but don't really know what the regulator is set at. It was shooting nickel size groups at 40 yards but the group opens up quite a bit beyond that. I stopped trying afterwards. I can only assume fps would be slower with heavier grains.
Well, you could try to put zan's .217 20g or javelin .217 21g you'll definitely get better speeds. But I believe it's just a matter of what size their barrels are. Even 920fps is enough of you gun likes slugs or that particular projectile. I would try the jsb 25.39g .216 although they are heavier you may be able to get those stabilized.

Okay, I just tried the javelin .217 21gr. And at 25yds I'm getting 1-2 hole 5 shot groups. And at 42yrds I just got them stacking in the same hole. I'm shooting them out of my cricket 45 .22 at 740fps. I'll try a faster speed and see what it does.

Last edited:
Been a while since I last posted but I increased the 21gr javelins, to 900fps and they shoot really well. Managed to kill to iguanas at 144yrds and 160yrds last week. Several consistent kills at the 100yrd mark as well.