KalibrGun Argus 60 25… extremely accurate

I tested a new Argus 60 25 today.

in short:

-comes Hot…

-shoots jsb 25gr at 997, 33 gr mkII @ 895

- very accurate with jsb mkII, but LOVES H&N 32 grain 249 slugs…just over an inch at 132 yards. 
-NSA 34.9 were 1.5”. @ 132

- magazine spring is too powerful 

- trigger way to heavy

- gun is a bit on loud side… 

- functions n points beautifully. 
- bit on heavy side. 
- pellet standard deviation for 10 shots was around 3.5 fps

- built very heavily… great quality 

extremely good gun… can hang with the AGT guns… which says a lot 

Brad In Salt Lake

I have the 45 version in .22.

1. As you may note, the trigger is adjustable, right ?

2. Magazine spring...too powerful ? Don't understand. Mine, anyway works just fine. I'd rather it was a bit tight, than not strong enough to keep up, and not place the pellet properly.

3. Loud. Turn the power down a little. You say that it's "Hot". Turning the power down will also quiet it some.

4. Not much you can do there !

I like mine. Shoulders well, shoots well.

Mike

What he means by his mention if the mag spring being too strong, if it’s too strong it can damage pellets and effect accuracy. This is why say Uragán mag springs aren’t as strong. Or CARM mags, spring just needs the strength properly rotate to the next pellet.

Turning down the power by just adjusting the hammer spring tension does work but it’s not optimal. The best way is to lower the regulator’s set point and then match the HST to it. 

Yes, the trigger is adjustable. I’ve got mine to a crisp 10 ounce second stage break. A bit different trigger adjustment than the original Cricket. 

Good news on these barrels liking slugs 👍🏼 Gonna see how my .22 likes slugs.

What he means by his mention if the mag spring being too strong, if it’s too strong it can damage pellets and effect accuracy. This is why say Uragán mag springs aren’t as strong. Or CARM mags, spring just needs the strength properly rotate to the next pellet.

Turning down the power by just adjusting the hammer spring tension does work but it’s not optimal. The best way is to lower the regulator’s set point and then match the HST to it. 

Yes, the trigger is adjustable. I’ve got mine to a crisp 10 ounce second stage break. A bit different trigger adjustment than the original Cricket. 

Good news on these barrels liking slugs 👍🏼 Gonna see how my .22 likes slugs.

THAT would have to be a DAMN'd strong spring...BUT !

Few know, and should, that shoot guns with the o-ring on the pellet probe/pusher, rather than the inside of the barrel, need to understand what you say can be very true. When the magazine housing and the follower are made by the 3D method, as the o-ring goes into and through the magazine, it rubs on all these tiny little rough edges...not doing it ANY good. Regular lubing may help some, but in all, wear to the o-ring is eminent and deadly.

AND...how much damage is done to the pellet skirt as it...slides along these rough edges ?

Mike

I think the Argus is a slugger. I’m gonna find out. Those mags aren’t gonna damage a slug
1f609.svg

Not damaging pellet skirts either ! At least mine aren't. Smooth easy cocking action. No hard spots at any point. Just got done putting a coup[la magazines through my 45, .22 .

Mike

I think the Argus is a slugger. I’m gonna find out. Those mags aren’t gonna damage a slug
1f609.svg

Not damaging pellet skirts either ! At least mine aren't. Smooth easy cocking action. No hard spots at any point. Just got done putting a coup[la magazines through my 45, .22 .

Mike

Hey bud, I know for a fact that the gun shoots better single loading rather than from the mag. There you go!