• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Kalibr Cricket Won't Take Air

Gents,

After years of trouble free service, my Cricket carbine finally had a hiccup. I went to add some air to it yesterday and noted it wouldn't take on any air. The fill valve on the tank checked OK, and I gave the fill port a Q-Tipping, but still no dice.

When trying to add air, the tank guage will show on increase of 20-30 BAR, then stop. If I open the tank valve a bit more, the pressure will increase a bit more and stop. And when I shut the tank valve, the pressure will drop back to 190 BAR, which is where I started, indicating to me that any air I was able to get in went as far as the fill port and stopped.

Other than the Q-Tip, I haven't poked around in the fill port as I was loathe to do that until I got some opinions from you guys. It may be as simple as the little hole in the fill port being clogged, but I don't know...

So...what say you? Any ideas on the cause, and what is the fix?

Thanks for your replies.

Justin