Kaiser and H&N FTT comparison review

I got my tin of H&N FFT. I ordered the .22 caliber in 5.53 head size like what was printed on my Kaiser tin, but received the 5.54 head size. It is not worth sending back for the price of a tin of pellets, and I figured maybe there was a chance they would shoot even better than the 5.53 head size.

The pellets are very similar but there is a slight difference, likely just the difference in dies. First observation is the Kaiser finish has a bit more shine, the H&N a bit more matte. I do not have a micrometer, but the pellets look the be the same height, the skirts the same thickness and recess depth. The skirt on the H&N seems a bit wider before it flares to the back, and the skirt looks to be a bit more flared out. It is very hard to judge though due to the different finishes and light refraction of the surfaces.

Loading my H95 with both pellets, both pellets fit snug without too much effort. The H&N seemed to fit ever so slightly tighter but it was a very very slight difference if any. Maybe the flare to the skirt? Well the proof is in the pudding. I went out to the range and shot at 20, 25 and 30 yards at 1/2" targets. I shot groups of each pellet at the different distances. Point of impact and group sizes were exactly the same with both pellets, both giving 1/4" groups at 30 yards. I then shot 3 shot groups with both pellets at the same target at the different ranges, and got one ragged hole with no difference between brands. I was looking for one pellet to group off the other, but it did not happen. If there is a difference with how the pellets shoot, I am not a good enough shot to tell a difference.

We have a big storm coming in tonight, but I want to try the pellets at some longer ranges and see if one stands out; but at this point I think they are close enough that there is likely not any difference. I am hard pressed to even choose a favorite head size at this point.

I will post up if anything stands out with my testing, but I am pleased so far. Nice to see there is not much of a difference between the head sizes, but my rifle does not seem to be too pellet fussy. So far it has shot all the pellet brands I have tried well, with the Kaiser/H&N brand pellets having a slight edge in group size.