• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Kahles K1050i FT 10-50x56i

I’m looking for input / critique from people who are familiar with this particular scope

Kahles K1050i FT 10-50x56i​

Thanks
It is one of my favorite scopes. You probably know, but i always say it… Scopes are very personal, even though many posts try to make it otherwise. What your eyes see and prefer may differ from others.

I like the reticle first and foremost. It is a bit thicker than some, and I prefer that. It is very good in low light conditions, where most of my shooting is. The focus is very repetitive and always came back to the exact same location on the wheel. I had no temp shift whatsoever from 40-90*. The wheel is on top and can be something that you hate or can get by with. It is more of a headache than side wheels to get the right fitment with rings, and pointer, and level.

If I ever build another high end FT rifle, I would buy another, no question. (I have tried lots of high end scopes and my eyes like the optical formula of this scope.)

Last edited:
It is one of my favorite scopes. You probably know, but i always say it… Scopes are very personal, even though many posts try to make it otherwise. What your eyes see and prefer may differ from others.

I like the reticle first and foremost. It is a bit thicker than some, and I prefer that. It is very good in low light conditions, where most of my shooting is. The focus is very repetitive and always came back to the exact same location on the wheel. I had no temp shift whatsoever from 40-90*. The wheel is on top and can be something that you hate or can get by with. It is more of a headache than side wheels to get the right fitment with rights, and pointer, and level.

If I ever build another high end FT rifle, I would buy another, no question. (I have tried lots of high end scopes and my eyes like the optical formula of this scope.)
Thank you sir

I’ve also got the 1050i FT. And to me it is amazing how smooth and gentile it feels to the eye, if that makes sense.
the eyebox and glass is really perfect. The limitation is the parallax limit of 60 yards, although most Airgun shooting is done around 50 meters. Even than on the 10x setting I can easily shoot 100 yards or even more. Just when you zoom the parallax limit districts you for those 100 yard shots.

still I love mine, dimensions wise the 30mm tube makes it nice and light and gives lots of mounting options.

hope this helps

I’ve also got the 1050i FT. And to me it is amazing how smooth and gentile it feels to the eye, if that makes sense.
the eyebox and glass is really perfect. The limitation is the parallax limit of 60 yards, although most Airgun shooting is done around 50 meters. Even than on the 10x setting I can easily shoot 100 yards or even more. Just when you zoom the parallax limit districts you for those 100 yard shots.

still I love mine, dimensions wise the 30mm tube makes it nice and light and gives lots of mounting options.

hope this helps

Thanks - I ordered one today! Had to do something after the sale of my motorcycle 😵‍💫

I tried it once and had difficult time ranging between 50-55 yards, very good ranging under 50 but for some reason the depth of field seems to open up after 50 but could be me.
Several people have not liked it for various reasons, but this definitely wasn’t an issue for me. I had every single yard from 10-55 labeled and it was repetitive every time.

I know a couple people that haven’t liked it. One liked brighter scopes, and this one isn’t “bright”.

Second question about this scope. Are we talking about open/WFT or hunter class?
I have asked smok3y before about if the scope is worthwhile for hunter class, he was unsure.

cavedweller - still shooting hunter?
if so, please let us know
I’m still shooting HFT, still piddling with a variety of different FT platforms and scopes. Today I had the joy of setting up a new BRK Ghost Carbine .177 and mounted a Kahles on top. Together they are a fine pair, probably way too much scope for HFT but I’ll be trying some unlimited class events in the future. Lots of fun and just under 11 pounds.

IMG_6162.jpeg

Last edited:
Really want to know your thoughts in the khales for hunter. Is it worth the premium?

I think I have my Delta Stryker sorted now and have great confidence in my scope
I spent several hours with it yesterday... did not make up a complete shot verified dope chart "yet" but all the strelock pro data seemed spot on... but ... lots of wind yesterday too. I think i will like it (i'd like it more if i was unlimited and could click away) but we gotta do what the body lets us do sometimes. I will update you asap.

Reactions: SDstephan
I’m still shooting HFT, still piddling with a variety of different FT platforms and scopes. Today I had the joy of setting up a new BRK Ghost Carbine .177 and mounted a Kahles on top. Together they are a fine pair, probably way too much scope for HFT but I’ll be trying some extreme events in the future. Lots of fun and just under 11 pounds.

View attachment 385938
Hey looks like a starship enterprise on your ghost

• Haha
Reactions: Ezana4CE
Really want to know your thoughts in the khales for hunter. Is it worth the premium?

I think I have my Delta Stryker sorted now and have great confidence in my scope
It’s too much scope and not worth the $$$ for HFT, and I own TWO! I use them in WFTF though. You don’t need an expensive scope for HFT since max zoom is only 16x.

It’s too much scope and not worth the $$$ for HFT, and I own TWO! I use them in WFTF though. You don’t need an expensive scope for HFT since max zoom is only 16x.
I forgot to mention - some HFT platforms have left side loading gates - Air Arms for example. you can’t get to the loading port with a big ranging wheel in the way; yes you can use a comma or nautilus style but sometimes you have to come off your focus to load. The only scope offering a top parallax wheel is the Kahles - that I am aware of.

Reactions: dgeesaman