• *Effective 3/27/2024 - The discussion of the creation, fabrication, or modification of airgun moderators is prohibited. The discussion of any "adapters" used to convert an airgun moderator to a firearm silencer will result in immediate termination of the account.*

K Baffles

Yeah, the problem there is they need to be inspected on the way in and the folks at the POE may or may not be familiar with the finer nuances. Sorry about your loss. I hope they give it back because it will indicate they are learning.
This must have been the crew that reviewed and decided to seize my mod. What a muppet show...
080622 azfk6c3xsnqeczsxywt5.jpg

That is the question. What part is the silencer?
The current focus "any combination of parts, designed or redesigned, and intended for use in assembling or fabricating a firearm suppressor.
Stop rolling in it. You have hijacked the damn thread with your "sky is falling" complaints and whining. The thread is about K Baffles not about whether or not the :ROFLMAO:Alphabet org:ROFLMAO: (gotta love the paranoia evident in this substitution) is gonna "get us" because we are building moderators for AIR GUNS. Please. You want to debate that topic... GO START IT.

Last edited:
Old -

Saying that your baffles are for a "Stormrider" doesn't say much..! The inner diameter of a Stormrider shroud just possibly is the same diameter as other brands of rifles shrouds.

That said, details matter, what is the o.d., and length of your current baffles please ?

Mike
I finally realized that this was a request for actual dimensions. Those are the same diameter as the OEM Stormrider moderator. I think they are about 23mm in diameter and about 15mm tall. If you want exact numbers I can pull that moderator apart and check them for you.

Good citation for those who actually want to stay informed...
https://caselaw.findlaw.com/us-1st-circuit/1527670.html <=== MUCH MORE INFORMATIVE THAN A FIREARMS BLOG.

If it's not a silencer because it is not intended for use on a firearm, then it is not a silencer part. If it's not a silencer part you can call it anything you want... If it is a silencer (intended for use on a firearm) then no matter what you call it, it is regulated...

Interesting how that works, eh?

Last edited:
Good citation for those who actually want to stay informed...
https://caselaw.findlaw.com/us-1st-circuit/1527670.html <=== MUCH MORE INFORMATIVE THAN A FIREARMS BLOG.

If it's not a silencer because it is not intended for use on a firearm, then it is not a silencer part. If it's not a silencer part you can call it anything you want... If it is a silencer (intended for use on a firearm) then no matter what you call it, it is regulated...

Interesting how that works, eh?

Yeah, but is MY potato for a firearm or an airgun?

Inquiring minds really want to know! (chuckle)

• Haha
Reactions: OldSpook
Intended for airgun use only...

Think about internal ballistics i.e. the pressure curve inside a gun barrel from the moment of primer ignition (or air valve release) to the moment the bullet/pellet leaves the barrel. The blast pressure pulse at the muzzle is what the moderator has to withstand. Found some internal ballistics data for a PCP with an initial pressure of 1,600 PSI.

From this chart an initial pressure of 1,600 PSI yields a muzzle pressure of around 400 PSI. Can extrapolate somewhat, could be up around 700-800 PSI for an initial 3,000 PSI pressure.

For a 5.56 NATO round in a 16" barrel chamber pressure is 60-65K PSI with a muzzle blast pressure a bit north of 7,000 PSI.

The "for airgun use only" moral of the story is if your airgun moderator is designed and fabricated to withstand firearm pressures, made from traditional silencer materials (titanium, stainless steels, high grade aluminum, traditional firearm moncores) then "Lucy has some 'splaining to do...", doesn't matter if it's engraved "airgun use only" at that point. Air gun moderators have to be strong enough to withstand airgun muzzle pressure safely but "go grenade" when put on a firearm. Seems like a real balancing act in design and selection of materials to stay on the side of the angels.

Regards