• *Effective 3/27/2024 - The discussion of the creation, fabrication, or modification of airgun moderators is prohibited. The discussion of any "adapters" used to convert an airgun moderator to a firearm silencer will result in immediate termination of the account.*

K Baffles

The K baffles are coming off the printer very nice now.

These are for a Stormrider moderator.

IMG_20220629_204035890.jpg

IMG_20220629_204019468~3.jpg

IMG_20220629_204019468~3.jpg

16565494192156288334772987494123.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: JungleShooter
As I said originally, be careful.
Ever wonder why K-baffles sold don't have a hole in them? It comes down to intent or providing your intent in court.
It's like having a rifle next to a spotlight during deer season. You're going to have to fight for your rifle back.

I can't find the list of controlled parts, and I don't plan to see it on the wrong side of the bench.

I was told never to have a K-baffle outside of a suppressor, and I heed that warning.

Last edited:
As I said originally, be careful.
Ever wonder why K-baffles sold don't have a hole in them? It comes down to intent or providing your intent in court.
It's like having a rifle next to a spotlight during deer season. You're going to have to fight for your rifle back.

I can't find the list of controlled parts, and I don't plan to see it on the wrong side of the bench.

I was told never to have a K-baffle outside of a suppressor, and I heed that warning.
Okay so you don't know why they're not prosecuting thousands and thousands of air gun owners who have moderators and suppressors for their guns but you're going to play it safe. Good for you. But perhaps in the future when you're going to do fear mongering you should find a more receptive audience.

Or better yet before you do that fear mongering you should Google "air gun suppressor for sale".

If you insist, however, there is a forum that takes particular pleasure in indulging themselves in that sort of fear mongering. If you look for it you'll be able to find it. It used to be relevant.

Last edited:
No sir you're not paranoid. You're playing it safe. So am I. I could be making these devices strongly enough that they could be used on a firearm safely. If I did that I would be very very concerned about the possibility that someone would misconstrue my intent.

You probably come from a powder burner background and you probably haven't been around air guns as long as some of the others have. Most of us have been around air guns for a while I've become accustomed to the kinds of moderators that we use and we know that they are dangerous when used on firearms.

As far as baffles not being shipped with a hole in them, I'd say the shooter wants to drill the correct size for his application.

Nobody wants to put a hand grenade on the end of a powder burner to make it quieter. 😃

Compare 4500 PSI to the numbers you see on this chart. https://leverguns.com/articles/saami_pressures.htm

Last edited:
Hi Mike,

The OD of my Baffles matches the ID of the tube I am building the moderator upon. The length varies depending upon what I need in the specific application. I can also vary a number of other parameters programmatically. The angle of the port can vary by about 15 degrees. I can change the ratio of the cone to the "deck". I can increase or decrease the size of the port and the diameter of the bore.

I use OpenSCAD to build my baffle programmatically. This allows me to tune the baffle to the specific application. I can scale the entire structure in X,Y, and Z.

Now if I just understood fluid dynamics I'd be able to use all that code to good advantage

😁

Last edited:
Reactions: JungleShooter
Looks good. I designed an AIRGUN (AIRGUN) *AIRGUN* (trying to be very specific here :LOL:) supressor with k baffles and it works very well.

I printed the entire thing in one piece through since I didn't want to make a seperate can.

Here is the version I designed for a Taipan Veteran. I adjusted it a little for my FX Impact and it works very well on that.

Taipan-Veteran-Clear,jpg by Colo CJ, on Flickr

Taipan-Veteran-Cutaway by Colo CJ, on Flickr

Taipan-Veteran-Render by Colo CJ, on Flickr

The link didn't work; oh well.

There is a difference, but do you understand the difference?
Have you noticed the little steps people in the business take to cover their butt?

The Alphabet org (this was edited by the forum software, what I wrote was "The A T F" without the spaces, has it REALLY come to THIS Michael/AGN?????) has NO say when it comes to airguns. Examples given, DonnyFL and many others.

Over-reach of any non-elected governmental body is part and partial of totalitarianism/Globalism.

Besides, who would group alcohol, tobacco and firearms into one over-reaching non-elected governmental agency? (heavy sigh)

Last edited:
For some reason I seem to recall this being all worked out in this thread a month ago or more but now all those posts appear to have disappeared probably my imagination.
I think that thread was one I started right around the end of June. Yeah, it's gone now.

UPDATE (edit): Nevermind, the thread is still there end of June in general discussion.

Last edited:
Reactions: OldSpook