• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Just when you think the Leshiy 2 can't get any meaner...!!

In today's world it's kind of a weak .357/9mm airgun, I like the idea of the L2 in general but if I had to spend that kind of money, or even less I sure be looking somewhere else. now if it was a -/+ 300 FPE gun it would be different.
The L2 is capable of big power. I wouldn’t doubt in 600mm barrel format, 300fpe is totally doable and more!

Reactions: aractivities
In today's world it's kind of a weak .357/9mm airgun, I like the idea of the L2 in general but if I had to spend that kind of money, or even less I sure be looking somewhere else. now if it was a -/+ 300 FPE gun it would be different.
Not for a semi auto though. That's always been the tradeoff. You lose a bit of power in favor of the semi auto action.

The AEA Terminator 9mm is currently the second strongest semi auto airgun on the market, and it puts out around 150fpe.

That said, the L2 in the 450mm config is much more compact than the Terminator. So I think somewhere between 120 and 150fpe is more than acceptable.

Reactions: aractivities
I guess the only question for someone who already owns an L2 is, are you willing to spend that much money to gain an extra 20 to 30fpe or so. For me, definitely not. Unless they start selling 9mm upgrade kits for the base L2, Im sticking with .30.

But for those who don't own an L2 yet and are planning to, this new 9mm version might be the best option to go for. Though it would be wise to wait for the definitive specs to come out. Especially the shot count.

Reactions: Huckleberry
I guess the only question for someone who already owns an L2 is, are you willing to spend that much money to gain an extra 20 to 30fpe or so. For me, definitely not. Unless they start selling 9mm upgrade kits for the base L2, Im sticking with .30.

But for those who don't own an L2 yet and are planning to, this new 9mm version might be the best option to go for. Though it would be wise to wait for the definitive specs to come out. Especially the shot count.

I purchased a Maverick in .30 to defend my flock against coyotes. Neighbors have had issues and Ive been lucky and havent had any diatrubances…yet. But now theres a highpower pcp just sitting. It feels too powerful to just be plinking in my yard.

Would the L2 in 9mm be appropriate to replace the Maverick? Your post turned my brain gears thinking I can buy a barrel kit (if ever offered) of a .22 caliber for plinking and keep the .35 for coyotes (whenever they return) Just spitballin, or maybe I should keep two PCPs. At the prices these are offered, its difficult to buy just to see if I like it

Not for a semi auto though. That's always been the tradeoff. You lose a bit of power in favor of the semi auto action.

The AEA Terminator 9mm is currently the second strongest semi auto airgun on the market, and it puts out around 150fpe.

That said, the L2 in the 450mm config is much more compact than the Terminator. So I think somewhere between 120 and 150fpe is more than acceptable.
Well, I see the .357/9mm more as a hunting caliber then just playing around,
if I relly wanted a .357 Semi I definitely would go for the Rattler that makes 300 FPE,......having said that i love the idea of the Edgun in the smaller calibers.

Reactions: DonEnzone
I purchased a Maverick in .30 to defend my flock against coyotes. Neighbors have had issues and Ive been lucky and havent had any diatrubances…yet. But now theres a highpower pcp just sitting. It feels too powerful to just be plinking in my yard.

Would the L2 in 9mm be appropriate to replace the Maverick? Your post turned my brain gears thinking I can buy a barrel kit (if ever offered) of a .22 caliber for plinking and keep the .35 for coyotes (whenever they return) Just spitballin, or maybe I should keep two PCPs. At the prices these are offered, its difficult to buy just to see if I like it
EdGun Spain just got back to me, and unfortunately the base L2 cannot be converted to .35/9mm. It really is it's own thing it seems. So I guess that's not a viable option. You'd be better off keeping the Maverick around for those menacing coyotes and just buy a smaller caliber PCP for plinking. Perhaps one in a lower price range, depending on your budget of course.

EdGun Spain just got back to me, and unfortunately the base L2 cannot be converted to .35/9mm. It really is it's own thing it seems. So I guess that's not a viable option. You'd be better off keeping the Maverick around for those menacing coyotes and just buy a smaller caliber PCP for plinking. Perhaps one in a lower price range, depending on your budget of course.
Thanks for confirming. Although I really like the engineering of the L2 and they occasionally pop up in the classified here at a reasonable price.

Reactions: DonEnzone

Buy a 22 barrel for the Maverick, tune it to shoot a 30 grain slug at power setting 7 for yotes and use power level 1 to plink with a lightweight pellet.

Reactions: ChRiSiS