Just when I though I knew what I wanted....

I have an SWFA 10x42 scope on my Mutant and also a Athlon Argos BTR 6-24x50 FFP scope that will be taking its place on my Bwalton .30 whenever i get it but for now is on my BSA R10. You definitely can't go wrong with either and both are very very nice. I am going with another SWFA for the BSA cause like zebra said the Athlon is pretty heavy and just love the simplicity of it. But the Athlon and the FFP is an amazing feature and think it will fit nicely on the .30 to reach out and touch something at long range.

Everything, when it comes to gear, all machines, and even people is a study in compromise. You list the negatives and the positives and compare. We're doing it all the time in our head with everything. With airguns I've found it helpful to print out pics of all the contenders and then start writing out the negatives and positives. None of em will come out perfect. Obviously. But oft times things are so close you need to see it in black and white.

"Nueces"Everything, when it comes to gear, all machines, and even people is a study in compromise. You list the negatives and the positives and compare. We're doing it all the time in our head with everything. With airguns I've found it helpful to print out pics of all the contenders and then start writing out the negatives and positives. None of em will come out perfect. Obviously. But oft times things are so close you need to see it in black and white.
That's if you know what the pros and cons are (and what you want). Scope shopping still gives me a headache because I'm not really sure of either. 

I usually find out what I don't want when it's already sitting on top of my airgun rail.