Just wanted to share my katran .22 in (LB) pictures, (UPDATES)

Funny you should mention that - I just put a Magpul grip on my Katran yesterday. These sometimes work better for my larger hands, as opposed to finger groove type grips. I also tried a 0 degree Ergo grip, but didn't like the feel of it.

My AirMaks bag rider/monopod arrived yesterday and I installed that as well. Took some quick shots yesterday afternoon even though windy, and I can see where the bag rider will help with stability on the rear bag. Just a quick-and-dirty test, but already I see accuracy improving.

AirMaks really designed their bag rider well - very light weight to go with the overall theme of the gun, but in and of itself it is quite rigid. It does have some flex when mounted due to mounting it to the plastic butt, however it still helps to stabilize the rear end of the rifle. Not totally rigid like you would want with a real bench rest gun, but better than it was without it, and without any significant weight penalty.

I also needed my FALX suppressor elsewhere so I installed a HUMA moderator instead. It is actually sized correctly for the .25 Katran, as opposed to the .30 cal FALX. It is a 3 piece moderator, but I decided to try using it in a 2 piece configuration, and it works very effectively in silencing the Katran (along with the gun's built-in shroud/baffles).

IMG_1919.1625669700.JPG

IMG_1920.1625669701.JPG

IMG_1921.1625669701.JPG

Funny you should mention that - I just put a Magpul grip on my Katran yesterday. These sometimes work better for my larger hands, as opposed to finger groove type grips. I also tried a 0 degree Ergo grip, but didn't like the feel of it.

My AirMaks bag rider/monopod arrived yesterday and I installed that as well. Took some quick shots yesterday afternoon even though windy, and I can see where the bag rider will help with stability on the rear bag. Just a quick-and-dirty test, but already I see accuracy improving.

AirMaks really designed their bag rider well - very light weight to go with the overall theme of the gun, but in and of itself it is quite rigid. It does have some flex when mounted due to mounting it to the plastic butt, however it still helps to stabilize the rear end of the rifle. Not totally rigid like you would want with a real bench rest gun, but better than it was without it, and without any significant weight penalty.

I also needed my FALX suppressor elsewhere so I installed a HUMA moderator instead. It is actually sized correctly for the .25 Katran, as opposed to the .30 cal FALX. It is a 3 piece moderator, but I decided to try using it in a 2 piece configuration, and it works very effectively in silencing the Katran (along with the gun's built-in shroud/baffles).

IMG_1919.1625669700.JPG

IMG_1920.1625669701.JPG

IMG_1921.1625669701.JPG

good looking moderator and the grip is way better for sure, I'm used to and I like the polymer style magpul makes, the one airmaks stock uses is UTG:

utg.1625702106.PNG