Just venting....

Was at the coffee pot after service yesterday, a guy was saying he lives on 3.5 acres, has a horrible gopher/ground squirrel problem, I being the Good Samaritan that I'm offered to decrease the populations for him, totally free of charge. He mentioned that the neighbors don't like shooting, I said I use a nice quiet airgun, they'll never know. It was like I'd threatened him or something, must be some anti-gun nut, imagine that in Calif. Ok well, thanks I feel better now.

Was at the coffee pot after service yesterday, a guy was saying he lives on 3.5 acres, has a horrible gopher/ground squirrel problem, I being the Good Samaritan that I'm offered to decrease the populations for him, totally free of charge. He mentioned that the neighbors don't like shooting, I said I use a nice quiet airgun, they'll never know. It was like I'd threatened him or something, must be some anti-gun nut, imagine that in Calif. Ok well, thanks I feel better now.
🤔 imagine that

Reactions: N2 Shooter
Well, that's what you get for being such a kind hearted gentleman! :D

I once ran into a similar problem when someone overheard that I'd killed dozens of groundhogs causing me problems. He said something like, "I bet the groundhogs were there before you were." I matter of factly replied, that they'd probably be there after me too, but while we're in the during, I'm a past-life every bastard I get crosshairs on! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Lame. I was at a strangers house once for work and they had a squirrel trapped inside a cage. It was literally scrambling back and forth in fear for several hours waiting for the homeowner to get back from work to “release it far away”. (Which would make it another person’s problem…) How cruel I thought, I’d much rather put a 30cal in its head, lights out, no more fear or pain.

You can guess what state

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
Lame. I was at a strangers house once for work and they had a squirrel trapped inside a cage. It was literally scrambling back and forth in fear for several hours waiting for the homeowner to get back from work to “release it far away”. (Which would make it another person’s problem…) How cruel I thought, I’d much rather put a 30cal in its head, lights out, no more fear or pain.

You can guess what state
I believe relocating small nuisance mammals is illegal in CA.

"Answer: No, squirrels may not be relocated. Small nuisance mammals that are damaging property may be dispatched by the owner (as long as it is not in violation of local laws) but may not be released except in the immediate area. Relocating nuisance wildlife not only moves the problem but also places the critter into an area where it has no established shelter or food and water source, plus they may also potentially spread disease. A depredation permit, which allows for the killing of the squirrels, may be issued for tree (gray) squirrels. Another option, so that you can utilize the meat, would be to harvest the squirrels during the gray squirrel season when hunters are allowed a four-squirrel bag and possession limit."

Reactions: HogKiller
First off 3.5 acres is a fair amount of land, screw the neighbors lame opinions. Don't like it, look the other way, simple. However, this contraption is rather entertaining. Iron Maiden. Step on their burrowing trails to see which ones pop back up in order to check which tunnels are active. Step on the tunnel again and stick one of these in the ground so the trigger flap is on the tunnel, pull up the spring set spikes in order to set it. If there's kids or animals around you may want to place a bucket over the trap. The critter makes its way through its tunnel, bumps the flap sending the spikes into the ground. Pull it up, check for blood and you have yourself a pre-buried critter. Works pretty well.

103_0552.JPG