• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

Just something to think on....

I placed my order for a Maverick though Pyramyd Air back on New Year's Eve. Estimated in-stock date was to be 1/20. That day came and I wasn't very surprised to see that it was backordered. No big deal, I am generally pretty patient. Today out of curiosity I gave them a call. Got a lady (can't remember her name) on the phone after about a 20 minute wait. Gave her my order details and she looked it up and said she was very sorry but they were unsure when they would be getting their shipment to fulfill the orders in the que and that their purchasing manager was working with FX to get orders fulfilled as quickly as they could. She apologized again and I told her that it wasn't her fault that the manufacturer was having troubles fulfilling orders. She apologized again and said they were doing their best to get orders fulfilled and she was grateful for returning customers. I told her again it wasn't her fault and that things happen and in this Covid world things happen.

She seemed genuinely upset that she wasn't able to give me a good time frame for shipping and after I told her it wasn't her fault and I understood she seemed very grateful that I wasn't jumping down her throat about the issue. I won't say she was about to cry but you could hear the emotion in her voice and that she was grateful to not being the target of blame for something out of her control.

Moral of the story is be nice to those customer service reps you talk to on the other side of the phone. Stocking issues are out of their control and they can only tell you what they have been told. I have been on that side of the phone as well and remember how much asshattery there is out there.

Just something to think on.....

The call really stuck in my head all day that maybe I was able to make her feel a bit better for being a decent human being to her.

Reactions: B and JimNM
Talked to AoA the other day. Rep was very honest about a purchase I wanted to.make. She was both helpful and courteous. In the end I realized the rifle I wanted was not likely to be available anywhere other than used. I went with PA and a different rifle all together. They estimated it would be in stock in 12 weeks. If it isn't in stock by then I'll be cancelling and I'll take my money where management can make better estimates.

Talked to AoA the other day. Rep was very honest about a purchase I wanted to.make. She was both helpful and courteous. In the end I realized the rifle I wanted was not likely to be available anywhere other than used. I went with PA and a different rifle all together. They estimated it would be in stock in 12 weeks. If it isn't in stock by then I'll be cancelling and I'll take my money where management can make better estimates.

The BSA rifle? Did they stock it at PA?

MY LAST FOUR (OR WAS IT FIVE ?) FX GUNS WERE INDEED PURCHASED FROM AOA MOSTLY THROUGH THEIR "USED PREOWNED" SECTION AS NEW OLD STOCK DURING MID TO LATE LAST YEAR 2020. AOA2021
1f1fa-1f1f8.svg

They don't/won't stock FX outside of the used or resale section though, correct. AOA2021
1f1fa-1f1f8.svg

The BSA rifle? Did they stock it at PA?

I think Ellis (FX sideshot 3d speedloader guy) still has a latest rendition of the BSA R10 4sale with a killer stock (plus a plain one) that doesn't seem to be listed.