Just sold airgun on ebay to first time pcp shooter

Really surprised to find out that the buyer is a first time PCP shooter. Kind of made me feel good. I sold one of my Hatsans .25 cal. 

His first question to me was if his "Big air compressor" would fill the air tank. I let him know, no, but he could purchase a PCP hand pump on Amazon but it would take a few pumps to get the air tank full.

The gun comes with and extra air tank and I will fill it and gun so he can have plenty of shots when he gets it.

Also, I suggested that he joins Airgunnation.com for tons of cool info.

His name is Chris in case he does sign up.

Here's the prize he just bought:

20210929_182012.1634258190.jpg
20211007_132412.1634258245.jpg

Joe

All I wanted to say is that I directed a new guy to the PCP world to this site for all the questions he has. Maybe there's another site similar to this one but I don't see how it could help him out any better.

Just sold another two airgun on ebay, will also tell him to check this site out if he already isn't a member. He got a pretty good deal, these were my first two airguns....

20210929_180615.1634314554.jpg

Me thinks thou art a troll.

Methinks thou art slow to reason and quick to insult. One would think a disciple of Robin Sage and citizen of Pineland would have learned better long ere this day.😉

But it really doesn't matter. He and I simply expressed a concern. I ran that concern past my son who is a firefighter and has experience with such things. He said what others have said if it's full of air it probably needs to be shipped in an approved container that's what that PDF I linked says also.

It would not be the first time the vendors were taking shortcuts. 😏

By my calculation, back of the envelope, there are 89,400 lb of air pressure trying to get out of a 250 cc bottle charged to 200 bar and like someone else said it's only going to take one breach in a cargo hold at those energy levels and the poopstorm will ensue.

And as I said not my circus not my monkeys.

"Any issue with selling on eBay? Are there any additional requirement hoops to jump through?"

No issues except their policy limits to .25 cal and smaller. In both sales the bids went above my buy it now price. Beats me? 

The ones I've not yet shipped will have most of the air removed.

Ebay has rules about what states can bid on airguns. They don't seem to be willing to explain those rules when you call them.

It's a good thing when the bid goes higher than you buy it now price. You're buying it now price should be the lowest you're willing to accept for the item.

And I am sorry to have caused you any problem. I wasn't trying to tell you what to do at all.