Just recieved my Omega Super Charger

Well the first fill didn't go well. I started my 97cf great white fill at 2600psi and in 20 min it was at 3000 psi - thing were looking good. 22 min more and it was at 3500 - I was impressed. While I was writing this down the compressor started making a slight knocking noise that got louder then the motor stalled and I shut the power off right as the circuit breaker tripped. After some troubleshooting, it look like I have experienced the same problem as fr8rbum747 - high pressure O-Ring failure, is my guess.

This is very discouraging - nine tenths of an hour of use and now I have a $2400, 75 lbs boat anchor. I don't get a lot of time to shoot and I wasn't looking to spend that time learning compressor repair.

Ill keep you posted.

KZ

KZ, that might be your problem, but before you go to tearing it down or sending it back take your 3 armed wrench that comes with the unit and on the top, back there is a brass plug. Under the plug is the burst disc and under the brass bushing the plug screws into is the high pressure check valve. Spring and a little piece that kind of looks like a black pencil eraser. If that little check valve gets something under it or hangs up the compressor deadheads and will do exactly as you describe. There are 2/3 new ones in your rebuild kit. Take the tweezers and change it. Take you about 3 min. This happened to mine. Just lately mine started taking longer to fill my tank and I thought oh crap. Then got to checking with some soapy water and found the hose coming out the top was leaking at the crimp. Got a call into AOA to get a new one..hope this helps. 

Reactions: Killzone
Thanks Kit - I appreciate the suggestion. I did that and I found what apperes to be black soot, maybe O-ring dust under the cap. The spring was badly deformed and appeared to have gotten hot and lost it temper. The check valve was melted, flattened to around .040 in thickness with a tit on the end at the port that was about 1/16 in dia and long. I cleaned the port out with some Q-tips the best I could - but it didn't clean up completely. I stopped there and decided to wait until I contact AOA. I am sure AOA will take care of everything.

KZ

The fill hose on my Omega super charger started to leak at the crimp. Called AOA to get a new one and talked to Tod. Great guy. He sent me a new one and a couple of other small parts I wanted for spares NC. I hadn't expected that. On top of that got a follow-up call just checking to see if I got everything I needed. AOA and their people Just ROCK! Their service has always been GREAT for me. 

Hi All - I know its been awhile, but I thought I would finish things up.

First I would like to say that I really like the Omega Supper Charger. It has a lot of nice features and from what I can tell, appears to be well built.
As previously posted, I had a problem with my unit and I received really good service from AOA. The problem was there was lubrication grease in the final port the was heating the check valve and blow disk that needed to be replaced a few time.

Although it was easily replaced and I was able to fill my 90 cuft tank my decision was to return it and get a unit that would fill my tank much quicker. In doing so I had no problem doing so and I received complete support from AOA and I prompt refund on the unit. They definitely conduct business in manner that says they want to be in business in the future. It was great working with AOA and I'll continue doing business with them in the future.

KZ

"Killzone"Hi All - I know its been awhile, but I thought I would finish things up.

First I would like to say that I really like the Omega Supper Charger. It has a lot of nice features and from what I can tell, appears to be well built.
As previously posted, I had a problem with my unit and I received really good service from AOA. The problem was there was lubrication grease in the final port the was heating the check valve and blow disk that needed to be replaced a few time.

Although it was easily replaced and I was able to fill my 90 cuft tank my decision was to return it and get a unit that would fill my tank much quicker. In doing so I had no problem doing so and I received complete support from AOA and I prompt refund on the unit. They definitely conduct business in manner that says they want to be in business in the future. It was great working with AOA and I'll continue doing business with them in the future.

KZ
So what did your replace it with?