• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Just received FX wildcat

When I first got my gun some things felt a little rough, but once you shoot about 100 rounds through it then it will loosen up. I know exactly what you are talking about with the cocking, but that will get smooth quickly as I was very worried when I unboxed mine. 

Also can you provide more info on that you noticed "indexing on magazine". Is there a problem? Does it work just fine? Please explain more.

I agree too. It frustrated me because my magazine came from AOA with 2 scratches in it from their testing. I wish they could've taken the time to fix it there as it was obviously exhibiting a problem. Luckily it's not a difficult fix. You can also take the time while you have the stock off to tune the trigger to your liking. On my Wildcat I lowered the force needed to get through the 2nd stage. Everyone has their own preference though.

I received mine December 17th, 2015 so I've had it for a little over a year. My overall opinion is that it is a good gun, with some small things that you can nit pick about. The only things that I've done to mine was replace the pressure gauges on it (AOA sent me ones that were just as inaccurate), tune the trigger to my liking, and grind down the magazine indexer. I have a .25 caliber and I'm currently thinking about trying to make it quieter (hoping to get a European Huggett). Good thing on getting a .22 though, as that's my only regret right now, especially since I still have a hand pump.
I'm the type of person who likes to tinker with things so I've been debating about upgrading to an impact. I really want one, but I also know how much I'd need to spend on it if I upgraded and right now that number makes me uncomfortable.
It's all about the kind of person you are. If you can tune the indexer than you should be set in terms of ownership. I haven't NEEDED to do anything more than that. 

FX airguns are like racing cars in my opinion.
And for me I like the fact that it is better to fine tune and set the powers for the best accuracy.
I am curious to know if there is a PCP airgun on the market that is perfect out of the box, accurate, maintenance free and dont need fine tuning.
I am new on the PCP market and own an Impact .25 caliber since August 2016 and I really enjoy shooting and fine tune this air rifle.
So far I have shot 600 pellets out of this gun. No trouble at all so far.

I'll get flamed, but a Taipan Mutant is about as good as it gets out of the box. I have had mine since about May 2015, and not one single issue at all. Super quiet, accurate, a trigger to die for, and all the adjustability you would ever need. It stacks 18.31 JSB pellets like a house on fire at an average of 920fps for 60 shots from a fill. The loading stroke, magazine loading, indexing, smoothness is like a Swiss watch.

amoxomI'll get flamed, but a Taipan Mutant is about as good as it gets out of the box. I have had mine since about May 2015, and not one single issue at all. Super quiet, accurate, a trigger to die for, and all the adjustability you would ever need. It stacks 18.31 JSB pellets like a house on fire at an average of 920fps for 60 shots from a fill. The loading stroke, magazine loading, indexing, smoothness is like a Swiss watch.

I agree 100% with you :)