• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Just purchased marauder sam

I just ordered a benjamin marauder semi-auto synthetic stock. My gen 1 marauder has been sitting for some time due to leak and broken trigger blade and I just bought a gauntlet .30 which got me excited about air guns again saw the marauder sam and had to do it for $599. Any tips on using the sam(oiling etc.)? Looking to avoid any issues.

The Benjamin Semi-auto is a good gun with a lot of research into the function. Kept clean and oiled, you shouldn't have any issues. I bought the semi-auto from the factory shortly after they came out. But I bought it to "modify" and experiment with it by porting it out, polishing moving parts, and messing with the regulator and hammer spring pressures. It shoots the Crosman Premier 14.3 grain pellets (the gun was designed to shoot these) pretty fast now, at 920 fps, with a lowered shot count. I lube the inner sliding portion of the probe, and hammer weight regularly and it will shoot heavier JSB Hades pellets without jamming. Don't bother shooting heavy slugs, it doesn't cycle them well and will smash the magazine to an unusable hunk of plastic. (The magazines are cheap, so buy spares if you plan on experimenting with heavy pellets or light 17 grain slugs.)

Newby here. I also bought a Marauder. Have nothing but problems. The latest is a bad regulator and bent cocking lever.
Does anybody have a parts breakdown like Crossman has for other PCP's. I cannot locate it on their site. I called support and have not got a response.
Cleaning the barrel is a tad difficult. Any suggestions on holding the cocking lever open? At the moment I am using wire ties. Probably not the safest. But it works.
Also looking at where to get parts.

Regards

John

Newby here. I also bought a Marauder. Have nothing but problems. The latest is a bad regulator and bent cocking lever.
Does anybody have a parts breakdown like Crossman has for other PCP's. I cannot locate it on their site. I called support and have not got a response.
Cleaning the barrel is a tad difficult. Any suggestions on holding the cocking lever open? At the moment I am using wire ties. Probably not the safest. But it works.
Also looking at where to get parts.

Regards

John
The marauder sam has a 5 yr warranty I would send it back if I had several issues.

Reactions: Airgun-hobbyist
Yes. Via phone a lady transferred me to someone else. Left messages. No return. So I thought I'd fix it myself. Suspect the regulator failed when I did not keep pressure on it over winter. The cocking lever is not that bent but I figured if I was already there might as well as replace it. But I cannot find a parts breakdown.
It would be best to call them again on Monday morning to return it for warranty repair or replacement. The gun's design team are needing to see this issue so they can correct it or re-engineer it for the next owner's buying these new semi autos.

Reactions: meharris3
Yes. Via phone a lady transferred me to someone else. Left messages. No return. So I thought I'd fix it myself. Suspect the regulator failed when I did not keep pressure on it over winter. The cocking lever is not that bent but I figured if I was already there might as well as replace it. But I cannot find a parts breakdown.
What makes you think the regulator failed?

Mine gave me problems also. I tried everything i could but finally gave up & sent it in. I just sent the barreled action in, no stock, so it was easier to ship. I got it back in 2 weeks. They say they replaced the hammer pin & the cocking handle. They also included a test target & a new mag. It works great now with JSB 15.89 pellets. I think when you are pulling the handle back, the charging handle, being light aluminum tends to get twisted?

Mine gave me problems also. I tried everything i could but finally gave up & sent it in. I just sent the barreled action in, no stock, so it was easier to ship. I got it back in 2 weeks. They say they replaced the hammer pin & the cocking handle. They also included a test target & a new mag. It works great now with JSB 15.89 pellets. I think when you are pulling the handle back, the charging handle, being light aluminum tends to get twisted?
Yea I'm sure that is what happened.
My problem is no air to propel the pellets. The trigger doesn't work. The safety is off. Pellets are there. I have the cylinder charged to capacity. If I used the degassing tool it releases the air, so I assumed it is the regulator.
At this stage I'll take 2 weeks. The stock was broke when it was orginally shipped. So not shipping it would help.