• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Just pray for me...

I saw a guy turn his enclosed wood stove into a recycled oil burner. He had an old gas can full of used oil hanging over it and a hose with an adjustable valve to drip oil onto a cast iron skillet on the inside. The fire was contained in the skillet and it was pretty cold outside, teens to low 20s. It was pretty comfortable in that detatched metal garage. Not sure how environmentaly sound his practice was but when the zombies come, it os an option.

Just doing what I can with what I got. My family seems to think I have LOADS of hidden money. That is NOT the case or I'd be done working on it all. 😕 now I've been slammed verbally on many occasion for taking up space and time of my last living grandparent. Even though I paid/split half of the bills with him. I'm just the black sheep once again. Used to be the party person. And everyone else didn't. Now it's backwards, they all party and I don't. They all have successfull marriages and living children😵‍💫 I have neither of those. I'll be down emotionally for a bit about it. But I damn sure won't let it stop me.🥹

Just doing what I can with what I got. My family seems to think I have LOADS of hidden money. That is NOT the case or I'd be done working on it all. 😕 now I've been slammed verbally on many occasion for taking up space and time of my last living grandparent. Even though I paid/split half of the bills with him. I'm just the black sheep once again. Used to be the party person. And everyone else didn't. Now it's backwards, they all party and I don't. They all have successfull marriages and living children😵‍💫 I have neither of those. I'll be down emotionally for a bit about it. But I damn sure won't let it stop me.🥹
I hear ya brother. It looks like you're doing your best to make lemon-aid with your lemons. There are some really dysfunctional families out there, reducing or eliminating family from your circle is sometimes the best thing you can do for personal mental health, which is a hard and sad truth. You should see what happens to some families over inheritances, just speak to any lawyer that works with those! You have to be your own biggest advocate in this world, stay strong!

-Matt

Looking them pellets run about a 1$ a pound.. then I guess how cold you get and how much you got to shovel in to keep warm.
I'm seeing under .50¢ / lb. My Bro-in-Law John used one in Reno NV in the living room, didn't seem like it was going through too much at the time, we used it when I was with him during his last week on this rock. Dang I miss him a good guy.

I'm seeing under .50¢ / lb. My Bro-in-Law John used one in Reno NV in the living room, didn't seem like it was going through too much at the time, we used it when I was with him during his last week on this rock. Dang I miss him a good guy.
.50¢ is better then the $1 Im seeing here that's for sure.. maybe your looking at generic and I'm looking at name brand🥴

Honestly can't say the brand but it's from national hardware/feed stores. We are not permitted to have any heat in the PRK.
I guess all them wildfires keep y'all warm as long as the mudslide don't put it out .🥴.

You know like tractor supply prices change area to area. My zip it's a buck I random use another zip 200 miles away or something and the price changes either higher or lower .. you'd think living in a poor rual area we get the low pricing but it's the higher .. go figure .. maybe it's the keep the poor- poor plan .?🤔

Reactions: markhooper
Toasty, you’re going to have your own place with a little shooting range.
And it’ll all be because of your efforts.
The struggle will definitely be worth it, and you will have a place to grow old in and shoot your guns in and post pictures for your friends to see.
Even if it’s a cold hard winter, you made yourself a heck of a start!
It’s going to pay off.
Hang in there buddy!

Stubbers hit the nail on the head. If someone or a bunch of someones keeps putting you down or treating you unfairly, stepping away from them gives you breathing room to see things more clearly. The task you took on is difficult enough already without the naysayers.

If they’re not going to help you, at least don’t let them drag you down. I’m glad that your sister did something positive. Good of her.

You made big improvements to the place in a short time. The little details might actually take longer, so don’t get discouraged by that, either. You’ll have your own home that you fixed up from a real mess—something to be proud of doing!

Made an inside wall with a tarp😅closing off the rooms/leaking windows with tarps cut way back in the drafty air coming in. Stayed about 50° last night instead of around 35🥴 then vacuumed the dust up and organized stuff along the walls.

20231104_064750.jpg

20231104_064739.jpg

20231104_064732.jpg

20231104_064720.jpg

Back when in the old wood frame houses we use to hand plastic over windows and whatever to seal them off in winter also doorjam stockings ..

Most old Florida rual farm houses were not real winter proof ..lol. I still use the doorjam and window still s stockings or a rolled up blanket or towel to help block drafts ..

Insulate the walls and still sheet plastic that before you panel or sheetrock just like you do the exterior outside walls / weather barrier layer .😉

• Love
Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
I am so exhausted 😔 slept 11 hours yesterday. So tired today too. Went and got some multivitamins and tea to make hot cups of tea. Got food supplies that should last a while. Got an electric blanket to warm the bed before I get in it. Just been having chills/sweats...so I got some.medicine to hopefully help too. Haven't felt this wore down in ages!😵‍💫🫠