• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Just pray for me...

Looks like that fiber " tin looking" roofing panels ..

For temporary and may last a few years as well maybe do that koolseal .

https://www.koolseal.com/

Kinda like that spray on but you " paint " on some brands mop it on ..

Check your home Depot or lowes type places and try some over the leaking areas ( patch over ) spots and see if ot stops leaking and gives you one less thing to deal with for awhile..🤤

I've actually used the cool seal.. there are two kinds available from like home Depot.. one is water based, just look at the cleanup instructions.. and it worked quite well in rainy Oregon coast weather, just had to find a couple dry days.. but it washed off from the rain over 10-15 years.. don't remember exactly.. but the other kind is almost identical but thinner clean up and it doesn't wash off with the rain.. my opinion is that although it's a little more expensive, not having to do it again is well worth it.. but it needs to be as thick coat as possible.. if you get it thick enough like I did on a RV roof.. it stays soft like rubber and flexes with expansion and contraction.. I also did it on my shop roof at the time that was very rusty and I just pressure washed it, let dry and a heavy nap roller.. it's too thick to spray with a commercial gun.. although of you need to spray it, you would think it and probably 4 coats instead of the normal two.. RV roof is easier since it's flat and you can basically pour and spread with a brush.. ends up like a rubber roof..
Mark

• Love
Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
I've actually used the cool seal.. there are two kinds available from like home Depot.. one is water based, just look at the cleanup instructions.. and it worked quite well in rainy Oregon coast weather, just had to find a couple dry days.. but it washed off from the rain over 10-15 years.. don't remember exactly.. but the other kind is almost identical but thinner clean up and it doesn't wash off with the rain.. my opinion is that although it's a little more expensive, not having to do it again is well worth it.. but it needs to be as thick coat as possible.. if you get it thick enough like I did on a RV roof.. it stays soft like rubber and flexes with expansion and contraction.. I also did it on my shop roof at the time that was very rusty and I just pressure washed it, let dry and a heavy nap roller.. it's too thick to spray with a commercial gun.. although of you need to spray it, you would think it and probably 4 coats instead of the normal two.. RV roof is easier since it's flat and you can basically pour and spread with a brush.. ends up like a rubber roof..
Mark
but you have to be sure that say if you are applying over shingles that they are well attached.. it like a rubber and glue.. and works well.. I'm not really in favor of shingles.. I like that our current place is all metal roofing.. pretty much once and done
Mark

Mark
Lol.. 10-15 years ..heck thats better then most affordable asphalt shingles ..

I wish you continued resolve and energy to get that place “dried in” before winter weather adds even more challenge. Just think about having your own indoor range! Eyes on the prize.
I just gotta get ahold of my mom(she lives closer to "the big town". Can have her buy/bring it down and pay her for it
Mark
I'll get extra😅
That's what I'm thinking too👀🤓🤙

Reactions: markhooper
yes that's why I prefer metal.. but what I didn't say is how long the thinner based coating lasts.. I believe over time the water based just washed off.. the oil based coating is still yet to be seen.. my guess is a whole lot longer than the water based.. but it's only been 5 years or so and still going so I don't know for sure yet.. but the finished product.. thinner based..looked like it was a lot thicker and didn't start weathering the first year

I just gotta get ahold of my mom(she lives closer to "the big town". Can have her buy/bring it down and pay her for it

I'll get extra😅

That's what I'm thinking too👀🤓🤙
just be sure the base is clean, and Free from anything loose.. like a paint, needs a good surface to stick to.. sweep or blow off all loose gravel.. even though it is like silicone adhesive.. it needs as much solid contact to stick to.. that is why I pressure wash the metal roofing to get all the loose rust off.. on a generator enclosure I put a heavy coating on two times and sealed the holes where it rusted through.. still going leak free

yes that's why I prefer metal.. but what I didn't say is how long the thinner based coating lasts.. I believe over time the water based just washed off.. the oil based coating is still yet to be seen.. my guess is a whole lot longer than the water based.. but it's only been 5 years or so and still going so I don't know for sure yet.. but the finished product.. thinner based..looked like it was a lot thicker and didn't start weathering the first year
Ptetty mich what folks use here now.. but the steel/ tin hda got pretty expensive .. a 15$ sheet of tin before is now like 40$ today.. the steel was as cheap or cheaper per sqft the asphalt shingles that just gall apart in 10 -20 years. This steel roof i got bern on like 25+ years and aint flinched except maybe a screw leak due to the rubber gasket deteriorated or loosens from expanding/ contracting from hot cold weather over time.. i just get up there and check screws time to time ..

Got tired of where/when I touched the garage doors; the old paint just rubbed off onto my skin and clothing...
So I grabbed some spray paint and did a little touching up in those areas. The little side door I did all of on the outside bevause i came into contact with it the most, had a bit left over so I started on the big door. Now I/we all can really see how much of a difference there is/was🤓🤙

20230919_192347.jpg

20230919_192159.jpg

20230919_182854.jpg

20230919_182846.jpg

Got tired of where/when I touched the garage doors; the old paint just rubbed off onto my skin and clothing...
So I grabbed some spray paint and did a little touching up in those areas. The little side door I did all of on the outside bevause i came into contact with it the most, had a bit left over so I started on the big door. Now I/we all can really see how much of a difference there is/was🤓🤙

View attachment 390327

View attachment 390328

View attachment 390329

View attachment 390330
little bit here and there and eventually it will be a nice home for you.. and hopefully doing it as you have funds so you can stay out of debt, even if it doesn't leave much money left over, you don't have to worry about payments or rent.. just taxes and repairs.. nothing wrong with that.. I know that a lot of people are wishing they didn't have mortgage.. especially those on variable interests..
I don't think we have yet to see how bad it's going to get.. more inflation and then Fed raise interest rates.. I'm not a financial person but living on disability i don't have any extra money for things.. sometimes skip medicine, but stay out of debt..
we ALL should be thankful for a dry place to sleep, food on the table and a warm house and bed.. I don't know about all the homeless people, I know some do it by choice but I also think a lot of people are not getting the necessities.. took me three years to get disability and I still haven't gotten SSI and it's been 5+ years.. so I feel for those who have less..
Mark

little bit here and there and eventually it will be a nice home for you.. and hopefully doing it as you have funds so you can stay out of debt, even if it doesn't leave much money left over, you don't have to worry about payments or rent.. just taxes and repairs.. nothing wrong with that.. I know that a lot of people are wishing they didn't have mortgage.. especially those on variable interests..
I don't think we have yet to see how bad it's going to get.. more inflation and then Fed raise interest rates.. I'm not a financial person but living on disability i don't have any extra money for things.. sometimes skip medicine, but stay out of debt..
we ALL should be thankful for a dry place to sleep, food on the table and a warm house and bed.. I don't know about all the homeless people, I know some do it by choice but I also think a lot of people are not getting the necessities.. took me three years to get disability and I still haven't gotten SSI and it's been 5+ years.. so I feel for those who have less..
Mark
One step at a time. 🤓🤙

He got stuff from members I think so maybe one of them could drop him a card or call ? I do miss his antic's.. lol
I have his email somewhere but I am good at loosing things.. wishing I had gotten his phone number.. we have had a lot of great conversations and I am really worried about him.. I keep praying he is doing well..
Mark

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1