• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Just Ordered A Tuxing TXEDT033

Unfortunately the digital gauge won't work on the 032/033 - I got this reply from Tuxing:
"Because the pressure gauge’s thread is not fit your air compressor ~ so we don’t suggest it . The control box also don’t the same"
So thread size is only part of the problem - the control box is different also.
Yep...research before you buy. So @Sergey1972 has a very unique Tuxing...or whatever it is.🤯

Last edited:
Yep...research before you buy. So @Sergey1972 has a very unique Tuxing...or whatever it is.🤯
Mine is 2 years old. Before they started putting the gauges with the little green pcboard triangle piece in the gauge. Thread adapter or replacement hose would solve that on the modern ones. Wiring diagram is the bigger problem. That they won't provide. Just don't have the time to reverse engineer it.

My 032 has m12 gauge thread. The mechanical gauge has 2 wires. The digital has 3 or 4. Connector is similar but not the same. Can't get wiring diagram from Tuxing. They want to sell the purge valve and electronics package as a set.
032 came with the purge valve, It wasn't supposed to have this. As I've used it now and from what I can tell. It only works when the compressor auto shuts off. Then and only then can you hit the rocker which isn't marked, and it expels in one loud frightening blast all the air and several drops of oil and water and your done, no more bleeding the valves which I still do for now, I can't bleed towers using the purge at just any time, only once.

You would also need the extended 1st tower with a fitting for the purge line connection. Maybe you have that already.

032 came with the purge valve, It wasn't supposed to have this. As I've used it now and from what I can tell. It only works when the compressor auto shuts off. Then and only then can you hit the rocker which isn't marked, and it expels in one loud frightening blast all the air and several drops of oil and water and your done, no more bleeding the valves which I still do for now, I can't bleed towers using the purge at just any time, only once.

You would also need the extended 1st tower with a fitting for the purge line connection. Maybe you have that already.
Sounds like you have an 033 at least according to pictures. An 032 with purge valve and mechanical gauge. I don't want the purge valve but I want the peace of mind of the digital gauge. The mechanical gauges have been too flaky.

Yes Camaro464 the chinese will build stuff with whatever components are left over from prior contracts. Nothing has to be to a particular spec so long as it hits a minimum of advertised features. Don't remember any NpT threads unless thats what BThurman did when he put in the T fitting.

Reactions: Camaro454
Sounds like you have an 033 at least according to pictures. An 032 with purge valve and mechanical gauge. I don't want the purge valve but I want the peace of mind of the digital gauge. The mechanical gauges have been too flaky.

Yes Camaro464 the chinese will build stuff with whatever components are left over from prior contracts. Nothing has to be to a particular spec so long as it hits a minimum of advertised features. Don't remember any NpT threads unless thats what BThurman did when he put in the T fitting.
Been to China many times installing large industrial systems...because there is not legal repercussions if the products are defective or even injure someone changes occur do to market pressure or supply chain. NPT is not an option...that was sarcasm. I once observed a technician with great skills say " cross threads are better than no threads"..because to fix it properly was too time consuming and therefore to expensive.

Mine is 2 years old. Before they started putting the gauges with the little green pcboard triangle piece in the gauge. Thread adapter or replacement hose would solve that on the modern ones. Wiring diagram is the bigger problem. That they won't provide. Just don't have the time to reverse engineer it.
I asked them nicely for a darn diagram and....not happening....had to try. They sent me a bunch of parts and zero explanation as to where in the H they go. You can sort of figure things out with Aliexpress. Oh the wiring diagrams, they all run to the electronic control box, without that thing you have a boat anchor, unless you want to wire things in directly. As far as I can tell there are two of them, they only list two so, not that hard. One for auto shutoff, one for auto purge if memory serves....good luck on that.

I would estimate that is correct for now. However, Tuxing autopurge was not yet programmable so you cannot set when a purge cycle would occur nor could you set the duration. This would be the most benificial as you could then set purge at 2000/3000/and 4000 psi with a 2 sec duration. You would be able to control the system decompression shock and if you want add an orifice into the purge valve outlet. If I was not retired and still working I would have a simple controller made for this. In the end, it's not really worth it for me as I fill guns only. Someone filling tanks regularly would see a value in this.

The hatsan looks just these 033 032 and it's dig gauge is programmable, no Tuxing written on gauge. That would be the gauge to procure.
Check out on You Tube " setting up your Hatsan lightning compressor. " Sorry I don't know how to attach Links....Hope it could help with your Questions.
I believe if needed you can get parts from Aliexpress.com { Again sorry about my attaching ignorance.}

It is programmable. As it relates to autopurge you can Only select a time interval..i.e. autopurge every 20 minutes. From what I read, you can't customize to autopurge at specific pressure/s and you can't control duration. Maybe this is changed now.
P.S. Hatsan is manufactured by Tuxing and Brand named for them.
Screenshot_20221218-213515_Samsung Notes.jpg

Last edited:
That's the one I bought. I would've thought Hatsan would've at least engineered one part on there own. All they've done is added some sheetmetal to the sides and took the Tuxing name off it.

I know now that I have an 033 compressor but yet I paid for a 032. I'll try to get the digital gauge to work some how. On another note the purge setup is extremely nice and fast. I wouldn't want to be without it now that I've used it.

That's the one I bought. I would've thought Hatsan would've at least engineered one part on there own. All they've done is added some sheetmetal to the sides and took the Tuxing name off it.

I know now that I have an 033 compressor but yet I paid for a 032. I'll try to get the digital gauge to work some how. On another note the purge setup is extremely nice and fast. I wouldn't want to be without it now that I've used it.
Also the same as the DonnyFL BigFoot Compressor. Even the Air Venturi has striking similarities...;)

Of course that's all they have done, why would you think anything different? Hatsan just specs what features they want their compressor to have and Tuxing builds it exactly how Hatsan wants it and with the Hatsan logo silk screened on it. Hatsan spec'ed a TXEDT031 compressor and that's what they got. Air Venturi spec'ed what they wanted and that is what they got (but with their logo painted on it), same with DonnyFL and the Bigfoot.
Anyway, I have a Hatsan Lightning that has about 25 hours on it (certainly not trouble free but that's another story). I am very happy with the way the auto purge works and don't see any issues with the 'program-ability' of it. I have mine set for an 8 minute interval and am happy with that setting. In a normal top off from 3K to 4400 PSI on my 66 cu/ft bottle I get 3 purges, first typically at 240 bar, second typically at 280 bar, and last one when the compressor shuts down at 310 bar (approx. 21 minutes total run time).
My Hatsan has the digital programable gauge so you can set the auto shut-off pressure and the auto purge time interval. I believe if you want to try to replace your analog gauge with the digital one you will need to buy the correct control electronics module for a TXEDT031 compressor since it is the only Tuxing model I see that has the digital gauge. I have had good luck doing a live chat on AliExpress when I have needed parts. I explain what compressor I have and that it essentially exactly the same as a TXEDT031 and they don't have any problems selling me the right parts. Shipping always seems to be quicker than estimated. Here is a link to a page with a bunch of different electronics control modules. I think the last one with many more wires MAY be the correct one. Good luck.
And yes, the digital gauge is 12 mm thread so you will need to source and adapter.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scott_R_FL
Of course that's all they have done, why would you think anything different? Hatsan just specs what features they want their compressor to have and Tuxing builds it exactly how Hatsan wants it and with the Hatsan logo silk screened on it. Hatsan spec'ed a TXEDT031 compressor and that's what they got. Air Venturi spec'ed what they wanted and that is what they got (but with their logo painted on it), same with DonnyFL and the Bigfoot.
Anyway, I have a Hatsan Lightning that has about 25 hours on it (certainly not trouble free but that's another story). I am very happy with the way the auto purge works and don't see any issues with the 'program-ability' of it. I have mine set for an 8 minute interval and am happy with that setting. In a normal top off from 3K to 4400 PSI on my 66 cu/ft bottle I get 3 purges, first typically at 240 bar, second typically at 280 bar, and last one when the compressor shuts down at 310 bar (approx. 21 minutes total run time).
My Hatsan has the digital programable gauge so you can set the auto shut-off pressure and the auto purge time interval. I believe if you want to try to replace your analog gauge with the digital one you will need to buy the correct control electronics module for a TXEDT031 compressor since it is the only Tuxing model I see that has the digital gauge. I have had good luck doing a live chat on AliExpress when I have needed parts. I explain what compressor I have and that it essentially exactly the same as a TXEDT031 and they don't have any problems selling me the right parts. Shipping always seems to be quicker than estimated. Here is a link to a page with a bunch of different electronics control modules. I think the last one with many more wires MAY be the correct one. Good luck.
And yes, the digital gauge is 12 mm thread so you will need to source and adapter.

That's good information thanks. I set my compressor to 4500 and the pressure relief valve started emptying before the auto shutoff feature would work. Therefore my purge wouldn't work. So for now the purge is useless unless the unit auto shuts off on a lower fill. I figure I would need the electrical box for the TXEDT031 to use the digital gauge and auto purge.

Reactions: cwcarrera
I believe a lot of people (myself included) actually fill to between 4200 and 4400 PSI to be a little more 'kind' to our (chinese) compressors. It seems like that last 200 to 300 PSI to get all the way up to 4500 can be a little of a struggle and I just don't want to put my compressor through that every time. I thought I had read that the new style relief valve is adjustable? I don't really know for sure because mine has the older 'burst disk' type over-pressure protection. If I were you I would either figure out how to adjust that relief valve to 4700-5000 PSI or figure out exactly where your relief valve opens and set my auto shutoff to 100 PSI below that number. I know that the burst disk on my compressor is marked with "5K" and I have not had it rupture in the 25 hours of use that I have put on my compressor.