• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Just ordered a Marauder in .22

Just order a Benjamin Marauder in .22 with the upgraded barrel, 10 for 10 and a cheap hand pump.

In my search for a decent pellet rifle I actually bought and still have a Hatsan break barrel but I never liked it and will soon be selling it.
I've seriously considered a pump built into the rifle type of set up but decided against it.
From there I was seriously considering a Chinese made pcp.
At the last second I changed to a Benjamin Marauder in 22 caliber. I added the Lothar barrel.
Although I have a compressor (I haven't set it up yet) I ordered a cheap hand pump for now.
Not a fan of the UPS shipping from PA but it is what it is. They don't like to come down my road and apparently there is nothing that can be done about it.
So once it gets here, I'm looking to go over the rifle and give it a cleaning.

@Tifford - Wise choices! The Marauder is a great rifle and even I can work on them. There are a couple of simple upgrades that can make that rifle shine.

Youtube is your friend! There are a lot of good videos on how to get the most out of a Marauder. Watch those first so you do not "reinvent the wheel".

I suggest a reasonably priced chronograph. They are a great tool and really help with finding the "sweet spot" for your rifle.

Something like this is all you need, pellets like 800 to 900 fps out of a rifle. It all depends on what your rifle likes. Start around 850 fps with 15 grain or 18 grain pellets and see what speed your rifle your rifle likes to shoot them at.

Buy good pellets! H&N or JSB are the best and have the most consistency. Find the magic pellet your rifle likes and stock up!

Have fun!

ACETECH AC5000 Airsoft Gun Speed Tester BBS Chronograph https://a.co/d/3fdgdrD

If you ever have any issues or questions and start a topic, don’t get impatient if it’s not flooded with replies right away. The great gun you ordered has faded away from the limelight with all the hype offerings that just keep coming. But there are guys on this forum who really know a Marauder, I’m not one of them. When one of them see your topic and you quickly realize he’s a Marauder wizard, ask if you can just PM him in the future with questions. I have people that have no problem sending me a PM about the things that I’m well versed in. I don’t mind a bit because that’s what this community is all about.

You’re going to love it….beware the rabbit hole of upgrades though….its a good time to keep silicone grease and lube on hand, and a couple packs of orings for the gun for rebuilds-if you can remember where you put em…that’s my problem.

For a new one the only thing I’d upgrade is the barrel band unless the new ones are substantially better than the first gen ones my factory one caused some accuracy consistency issues. Other than that it’s rock solid and going on 2 years on the last set of o-rings. I bet they’d last longer if I would just stop taking it apart and fiddling with it….

Just dry fired mine today, about 3x. I had mine apart not too long ago to address an o ring failure within the Huma reg I installed in it back in 2018. In a world today of semi/full auto, biathlon style side cocking rigs, the old bolt action marauder still puts a smile on my face, like the handling of an old Remington 700 would.
Such a simple platform, with like only 8 o rings to worry about(now about 12 because of the Huma reg addition), which is still nothing compared to one of the most popular air rifles of today with around 65!

Came close a couple of times to selling it, or parting out all the mods, but decided against it and glad I did

Just order a Benjamin Marauder in .22 with the upgraded barrel, 10 for 10 and a cheap hand pump.

In my search for a decent pellet rifle I actually bought and still have a Hatsan break barrel but I never liked it and will soon be selling it.
I've seriously considered a pump built into the rifle type of set up but decided against it.
From there I was seriously considering a Chinese made pcp.
At the last second I changed to a Benjamin Marauder in 22 caliber. I added the Lothar barrel.
Although I have a compressor (I haven't set it up yet) I ordered a cheap hand pump for now.
Not a fan of the UPS shipping from PA but it is what it is. They don't like to come down my road and apparently there is nothing that can be done about it.
So once it gets here, I'm looking to go over the rifle and give it a cleaning.
Great choice !

Just dry fired mine today, about 3x. I had mine apart not too long ago to address an o ring failure within the Huma reg I installed in it back in 2018. In a world today of semi/full auto, biathlon style side cocking rigs, the old bolt action marauder still puts a smile on my face, like the handling of an old Remington 700 would.
Such a simple platform, with like only 8 o rings to worry about(now about 12 because of the Huma reg addition), which is still nothing compared to one of the most popular air rifles of today with around 65!

Came close a couple of times to selling it, or parting out all the mods, but decided against it and glad I did
I greatly enjoy my side lever marauder especially after Rich at Airgun-Revisions
Tuned it!
IMG_7290.jpeg

Reactions: rcarlisle