• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Just one fill of a gun is all I need

If I pull out one of my non bottle guns , Mutant,Veteran,Vulcan, oops not the Vulcan 177 it gets 100 shots per fill,
And I want to shoot 30 to 60 times , I put a valve on my little tank and it works for one fill, Maybe a little more had not tried seconds with it.
Alway thinking of the easy way, LOL.
IMG_2182.JPG

I didn't think of tethering it to my gun, , Good idea, I used to keep a big tank on my patto out my back door , but was told it was not the best thing for a Carbon fiber tank to go from 50 degrees to 110 day after day, Said it would not hurt it but not good for it,
Made since to me
Mike
Won't hurt the carbon part but the aluminum liner won't be happy about it. Carbon fiber has an extremely low CTE where aluminum is much higher. Yes scba tanks are made to go into burning buildings but the tank never sees the temperature soak it would sitting in the temperature all day and night. Another BIG problem is if it's exposed to sun light constantly. I've seen what happens when carbon fiber sits exposed to direct sunlight for 6 months. It will destroy the exterior surface of the part or in this case the tank. Sun light will break down the resin that bonds the CF tows together.

Last edited: