• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Other Just Moved & Looking for Best <50yd PCP for slug and pellet gun

I recently got an Umarex Notos since I’m faced with the same situation, around 35 yards for my shooting lane in a rural residential area. It does 18-20fpe and is a great short-range plinker.

I also went extremely overboard on my backstop. I was using scrap lumber that I’ve had laying around for a while, including a pile of 4” thick peeler cores. Total backstop thickness is around 8”, for a pellet that penetrates around 3/4”. Lol.

It gives me peace of mind though knowing I probably couldn’t even blow through it with my 9mm.
I need to show you my 4x4 that my .22 has almost chewed through. Steel is your friend, 1/4" is good
40 yards?;

You need a 12 fpe pellet slinger. Slugs shouldn't even be on the table for 30-40yard back yard setting.
Oh slugs are fine in the back yard, if you ask your neighbors to open their kitchen windows for a pass through. I shoot slugs in mine, just to tune, have a Big Bang Pellet Trap that stops them and a steel monster that will stop a .308 a touch further out. the other side of the neighbors kitchen.,<--------kidding...sort of.

I'd personally stay with the DreamTac as well. I have one in .177 with a 500mm barrel. It's a solid shooter out to my max of 60 yards. It can make the power to shoot light slugs for sure, but I am finding that slugs aren't worth the effort or expense when pellets shoot so darn well in it. So, you already have a dang good gun for that yard. Maybe get a longer, 500mm barrel so you don't have to make it work so hard if you want to dabble in slugs.

Reactions: L.Leon