Just Joined!

IMG_6426.jpeg
IMG_6427.jpeg
IMG_6428.jpeg
IMG_6429.jpeg
IMG_6430.jpeg
Hey guys, not new to air guns but looking for info on a rifle I was just gifted. It's a Hy-Score model 828 in .177, made in Germany for Hy-Score Arms Corp. Brooklyn NY. I'm guessing it's from around 1980? Condition is excellent. Has a Beeman sight that I will most likely swap out for a scope. Any info at all would be appreciated; value, FPS, actual vintage, etc,. I found very little on Google.

Thanks

IMG_6425.jpeg

WAIT.

Depending on your intent, do not even fire it until you have more information. You may wish to (have a professional ) check seals 1st !Then Do NOT even touch those sights. Rare indeed.
You need someone like Mike Driskill to come along and point you the correct direction.
Make another post in the "traditional airgun" section asking for advice.

Your example is Much too nice to change a thing on!
Call people, not sure who tho. You might try "the trigger man" David Slade at airgunwerks as a start.
Do post up in the other section and welcome to the forum.

John

WAIT.

Depending on your intent, do not even fire it until you have more information. You may wish to (have a professional ) check seals 1st !Then Do NOT even touch those sights. Rare indeed.
You need someone like Mike Driskill to come along and point you the correct direction.

Call people, not sure who tho. You might try "the trigger man" David Slade at airgunwerks as a start.

John
☝️☝️ What he said. I know you might prefer a scope but man that’s a sweet rifle. Mounting a scope could reall kill it’s value unless the tapped holes are already in it or it has a dovetail. If you have to have holes drilled for a scope it will probably cut its value in half. BUT, it is your rifle and since it was gifted to you, you are certainly entitled to do as you desire.
P.S. Welcome.

Reactions: maxtrouble
it is a Diana model 45
Hy Score had many Diana's under their name
that version of 45 was made between 78-88 was rated at 790 fps
that rifle has a shiny stock which would not have been factory and value not knowing the total condition is hard to say but 200.00 ????
Thanks, I've come across the Diana name while googling so I'll continue to research. I'm 99% certain the glossy stock is original. The scope rail is drilled and mounted, original I assume. Probably not something I will use much since it was gifted to me and I have other air rifles.

WAIT.

John
Wisdom