Just got to Texas

@KatoKevin454 You want destructive wild hogs on your property? If they’re around it’s not difficult to see evidence of where they rooted. It also shouldn’t be hard to find someone who has a problem with them. Have you spoken to any folks in the area to see if they w had issues with them? Have you set any trail cameras out and spotted any hogs? If you see armadillos in your yard I suggest shooting them. They are like mini hogs and will dig up your yard.

yep, I'm weird, I want Hogs, Rats, armadillos and what ever, I like shooting Vermin and problem critters, the thing is since I'm not able to walk or hike far without great pain, I would rather have the them come to me, and my yard is perfect for that since it is not a "better homes and gardens" yard, if you know what I mean, it's more of a Tree woods Yard with a little grass, a tornado shelter and a big container(my Garage) on it, I haven't spoken to anyone yet about hunting on their property except my friend, I have found areas I can hunt on near by, since I have been working on the house, I haven't had much time to chat with anyone yet, but now that things are getting done, that will change, I will get to know some property owners and ask them about hunting pigs on their land with air guns, I think most would be more receptive to the idea than using Powder burners.

@KatoKevin454 Having said that I can better understand now. A lot of folks aren’t really aware of the progress of airgun technology. When I share sorrows and photos with other Texans they generally take interest because their initial thoughts are of BB guns. The idea of taking larger game appears to appeal to many when it comes to hogs or deer. Ask around and see what you can find. If the golf course has issues I’m confident that has potential to turn out to be a great pesting opportunity.

Reactions: KatoKevin454
I love it here, yes the people are very nice folks, I just talked to my neighbor yesterday, asked him where are some good hunting spots, he said right down the road around Lake O the pines has lots of Hogs and Deer, he also said he had a lot of friends with property that would love to have me come out and get rid of some hog for them, so It's sound like I have a good chance at hunting a few areas around here.

Reactions: Senor Ramon
@KatoKevin454 In my observation wild hogs tend to move around unless they have a steady food supply. They roam to forage and root. I’m not used to seeing them return to the same areas repeatedly. They come and go in my neck of the woods. Dunno about people and areas that regularly bait them. If you put some trail cams out, you’ll get a good feel for what’s moving where and when. If you don’t physically see them in the area the ground will often tell the tale if there’s any food around for them. How you liking Texas so far?
Just my observations. Pigs will go where there is food, water, cover, and lack of pressure. If they aren't consistently hitting an area it's likely there is pressure, assuming the other things are there to bring them in. I kill pigs constantly in the same areas. When I clear out one group another comes in shortly after. Boar are a little different as they cruise looking for sow. I've noticed them being inconsistent in their patterns unless they are moving with sow.

I am having a heckuva time trying to figure out the public land regs here in Texas. Corps lands are different than TPWD lands, but both require thr state permit. Then there's all these dove/small game public leases that all have different rules.

I just want to go walk around the woods and shoot at squirrels and rabbits.
@Larcat Refer to “Texas Parks and Wildlife: Outdoor Annual” publication. What your need to know is in it. I was told they went digital this year. Ordinarily they can be picked up at places that issue hunting/fishing licenses or at the county courthouse/game warden’s office.
78A610BA-7C4C-4041-9092-85F2CDAFC68B.jpeg

If you want to try attracting hogs, try putting some corn in a 5 gal bucket and fill it with water. Let it set several days until it sours. I've heard the smell will draw them a mile.
I trap as a side gig (all the money I make goes back into gear so I don't consider myself a professional) and shoot a bunch of pigs each year. This sort of works, but I quit after trying it a few times. I prefer something sweet like coolaid, or jello. Personally I use a different secret ingredient that I'm not willing to share here but it's similar in that it's a sweet smell. I find it works just as well and I don't have to deal with the sickening soured smell. It also isn't a problem if some gets on me. The main thing I feel like rotten bait is good for, is to keep the deer off of it. Some guys use a little bit of diesel on the corn for the same affect. Personally I like open top, tall corral traps, so catching deer isn't a problem there, and I don't mind feeding the deer so I just run straight corn with a strong sweet smelling attractant. If it's a liquid put it in a spray bottle with a fine mist setting and just spray it in the air, while standing over your bait pile, when the wind is blowing towards where the pigs are moving through. Then spray a little on the bait and in your tracks as a bit of a cover sent. That's my method and for 4-5 years I was averaging 100-200 pigs shot or trapped a year. I've slowed down a little the last year or so, I've probably only gotten 20-30 in the last year.