• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Just got myself a gen 2 MROD 25

First pcp air rifle for me. Purchased "used" from a local gentleman here in upstate NY. I say "used" because it still had the tags on it and stock air they ship it with. Purchased this bad boy for small game since the wife cant eat store purchased meat due to a severe allergy to the red dye they add to make it appear more fresh and eye appealing. Now all I need is a pump and them a tank to refill it. Any tips or anything I need or should know about it? Came with a UTG 3-9X50 for $400 can't argue.
2a519b3fcac927de321cd4833e3f6237.jpg

I have the .22, and spent quite a bit more than you did. Just really getting into tuning it. Do your self a favor, and if you tune, write down the factory settings first (I did and it's been a lifesaver). The .22 is accurate and economical to shoot. Good power and really nice gun. You will more than likely be very happy.

Of course, it'll just whet your appetite for bigger and better. Might want to put the checkbook and credit cards in a safe place. . . . . . .

The Marauder 25 is an excellent choice. It sits in the sweet spot for many people. In my home state, if you are hunting with an air rifle over 25 caliber, you must notify the property owner if you are within 1/4 mile of their home. The 25 has plenty of punch; I actually dialed mine down to 40 foot pounds of energy, in order to achieve over 40 shots. Keep in mind my example is highly modified (ported, polished, re-contoured bolt, regulated, flyweight hammer, upgraded valve). You won't be able to get there with a stock Marauder. And the 25s have a great reputation of being one of the most consistent barrels which the Marauder was produced with (Green Mountain Barrel). They can be great tack drivers, literally you can drive a tack with the things. Best of luck with your new toy.