Just got my Uragan!

I’m so excited to have my new Uragan in my hands!

I want to give my first impressions but first give a big thank you to Tony at Talon Tunes for getting it to me! Thanks Tony, it’s everything I was hoping it would be.

I got the standard (not compact, not king) with a synthetic stock in .22 and had Tony swap in the Huma reg to get an overall larger plenum space. I told Tony that I planned to shoot pellets (not slugs) and wanted to be able to shoot up to the 33.9 grain Beasts to hopefully fight wind better when shooting longer distances.

I ran a small sample of the various weights I have on hand over the chrony just to see where we are out of the box as it came to me. I haven’t checked to see where things fall off the regulator to know where it’s set but Tony informs me that it’s not quite maxed out and there’s a little room to go up if I want to.

Here’s what I had on hand to test and their 3 shot average:

JSB 18.13 gr Heavy… 1043 FPS/43.79 FPE

H&N Baracuda 21.14 gr… 999.8 FPS/46.91 FPE

JSB 25.39 gr Monster… 933.4 FPS/49.18 FPE

JSB 25.39 gr (.216) Knock Outs… 914.5 FPS/47.14 FPE

JSB 33.9 gr Beast… 818.5 FPS/50.86 FPE

I started to do some testing at 30 yards to see what pellets it might like as it stands. I don’t think I’m going to get too in depth with testing and tweaking until replenishing pellet stocks gets easier. I just want to see what direction things are leaning for now. I haven’t been able to get any 25.39 Monster Redesigned yet to test and I have some .217 Knock Outs still to be tested. I tried the .216’s before the .217’s because I had heard they do a little better with the CZ chokes.

My first thought is that I’m impressed with how fast everything is shooting. Again, thanks go to Tony for doing the work to get me exactly in the neighborhood I was hoping to start in. Considering how fast the 18.13 Heavy’s are traveling, I’m surprised that they held as tight of a group as they did. The biggest surprise for me was how well the Knock Outs did and how poorly the Baracudas performed. At 30 yards it may not mean much for the Knock Outs at farther distances but the Baracudas either don’t like the barrel or the speed they’re leaving it. There may be some potential for more slug trials down the road for sure especially when the new “redesigned” versions of the Knock Outs start making it to more retailers. I am also looking forward to seeing how the Beasts do as break in continues and trying them at longer distances. The Beasts are a little too long to rotate in and fill the magazine so I use the magazine to hold a single pellet (load one, shoot one, pull the magazine and repeat). I’m going to start another thread to see if anyone has found any other ways to get the Beasts to play nice.

More play time to come, I’m just going to have to ration it out as I keep an eye on pellet stock.

719B4C47-8CDD-48DA-AF0A-C976FD690EA1.1630781897.jpeg
A263D840-4C8F-462B-B295-76134B5E4484.1630781897.jpeg
A45A945C-99E8-4A93-B424-70DE35AEA9A8.1630781897.jpeg

You have made a really good acquisition !!!!!!!!!

Once you get to know each other, your groups are going to improve "a lot". 

You really bought a SUPER rifle !!!!!

Congratulations !!!

You won't ever regret !!!

After trying with MANY scopes, finally I decided that my Uragan in .22 was to shot at 130 yards, top.

So I mounted a Leupold Marksman on it and now I know that if I, with no wind, miss the shot to a fly at 90 yards it was me. Not the scope, not the rifle.

The Uragan is all what you can expect from an air rifle: perfect size, perfect power, perfect accuracy, perfect autonomy, two magazines.

Again: Congratulations. You made an excellent choice!!

Can someone compare an FX air gun (Impact, etc) with the these Eastern European airguns?

The Eastern European air guns (AGT, Taipan, Kalibrgun, RTI, etc) seem to have good reputation for their reliability and performance.

The FX seems to be a snob's dream :)

My impact will be here Friday, so maybe in a few weeks I can write something up.

Can someone compare an FX air gun (Impact, etc) with the these Eastern European airguns?

The Eastern European air guns (AGT, Taipan, Kalibrgun, RTI, etc) seem to have good reputation for their reliability and performance.

The FX seems to be a snob's dream :)

I own now a FX Streamline .25 an an Indy .30 Cal

I bought many years ago form Allen Zazadni a FX Royal 400 in .22 for my son. Still have it.

I bough many year ago from AoA an FX 500 in .25 Cal with a walnut soport Stock. I sold it.

I have never own an Impact.

I have three AGT: Uragan in .22, Vulcan 2 in .25 and in .30 Cal.

As you can see, my experience in FX rifles is not in the "tinkering line", but in the "don´t touch anything" line.

FX rifles are smoother and ligther than AGT rifles.

AGT are more solid rifles.

Both are excellent in quality and accuracy.

Daystate are elegant, solid, smooth and super accurate.

After purchased a pair and shoot them for a few weeks now...best money I have spent...both shoot slugs accurately..the .22 was already tuned for 25g at 950fps with that tune I could shoot cans 200y no effort at all.. with have the .25 tuned for 34g slugs..will stay with my crickets for the pellet duty....30 should be here next month...I'm strongly think about the 177 ...😁