Just Got my new Daystate 110v Compressor - Experience

Full disclosure. After writing up the "Definitive list of Compressors Under 2k US" I decided that the best compressor to fit my needs was the Hatsan Compressor... but since it wasn't out yet and I needed it asap, I settled on the Omega Air charger. I ordered it, along with an FX Impact through AOA. When I received the Omega, it had been damaged in shipping - it was dumped over and the remaining contents of the coolant spilled all over the compressor causing every exposed metal part, including electrical, to rust or corrode. I contacted AOA and they had it picked up from my front door the next day - great customer service. During my short time with it (albeit non-functional) I realized it wasn't what I wanted. I got back with AOA and asked if I could pay the difference for the Daystate and they obliged. Man am I glad I upgraded! This thing is great! After filling it with oil, running it through testing, and checking for leaks, I've had it hooked up for about 25 minutes and it already has the tank half full. Great setup thanks to the advice from folks here at Airgunnation and help from AOA. Can't recommend this forum to enough people. I've converted four people to PCP's this month!

And yes Mike - That is the tank and filter you recommended! Working great! Even added some extras from ebay for ease of use.

Here is the setup. 

1528594436_2951805175b1c8004d4b6d6.27869369_3D259964-C379-4033-BAD9-EC3364A37BA8.jpeg

I got the DIN to foster fitting from AOA when I ordered - it came from Bestfittings. To connect the filter to tank I got a male-male quick connect from amazon. 

1528596068_6074628205b1c8664b7d5e1.44013636_ED0E661A-F9F4-4CA4-8CD0-0024AB40AB96.jpeg
1528596070_16273253385b1c866685f822.92199901_7942F2B1-11B1-4E2E-A7FF-BE71E11606A7.jpeg

knowing what I know now having had it in front of me, I probably would have gotten a male-male (bspp?) connection and screwed it into the filter, using the end of the filter with the quick connect to attach to the tank. Would have been cheaper and probably more sturdy. 

Reactions: chohan
"Centercut"@texagdds, nice setup, congrats. FYI, one thing that I do is put a female foster on both ends of each of my hoses, and a male foster on every other piece of equipment, compressor, filter, etc. This gives me maximum flexbilty to connect my equipment.

Which brand/seller foster fitting do you use? I recently got hose whipped pretty bad when my Chinese QD fitting blew a oring at around 4000psi. Happened twice with 2 separate fittings, so I'm looking to change all of them out on my compressor.

@texagdds Congrats on the compressor. I almost went that direction as well, but wanted to adjust the cutoff lower. I wish they made the type two in 120V. The AV is working good for the time being. Did you do the molecular sieve in the gold filter? Watch the hose on the filter; Mine started leaking. I got the Chinese supplier to replace it after an email duel. I ended up getting a custom hose made here. I doubt it will bust in my lifetime. Threw the extra hose in the parts drawer. 

I did use zeolite in the filter. I’m replacing the hose that came with the filter with a quick connect, likewise on my regulator so I can attach a super flexible microbore hosequickly and easily. 

For me there is only two negatives - in this price range, the compressor should have an auto purge and an auto pressure cutoff switch... not really a deal killer but it would be nice.