Just got Kral NP-03, need to return but curious

Sort of bummed out.. i got all the accessories, and the gun came defective from Pyramyd Air. I'm sending it back for a refund... i was asking for an exchange, but they say they will not check for any damages before sending it out, and doing the $10 for 10 shots would only make sure the gun shoots and will ship it out even if there are visible damages to it.

The gun came empty of air (i thought they come with some air), and the power adjuster does not turn. Hard to see, but it looks like the dent on shroud was painted over with matte paint, because it has a different shine around it.

And something curious, the gun doesn't look like the other NP-03 I see online. It has a different trigger and buttstock on it. Is this an old version that they sent out?

Screen Shot 2022-08-18 at 1.17.24 PM.JPG

Screen Shot 2022-08-18 at 1.17.35 PM.JPG

Screen Shot 2022-08-18 at 1.18.21 PM.JPG

Screen Shot 2022-08-18 at 1.33.09 PM.JPG

Screen Shot 2022-08-18 at 1.33.16 PM.JPG

The shroud took an impact in shipping. Agree that a new gun should not have a bruise upon arrival.

Rather than sending it back....

You can ask them to send you a replacement shroud or you can reach out to Troy @thammer who may have an extra NP03 shroud in his shop.
Thanks, but would you know why it looks different than other NP-03 i see online? Different stock & trigger. Also, it is not just the dent, it almost looks used.. because I can see the dent was repainted with a different type of paint. The shroud has a shiny black finish to it, but around the dent, it is matte finish. Also, looks like the magazines have been used.

Below is the photo from Pyramyd Air:

Screen Shot 2022-08-18 at 1.48.55 PM.JPG

Trigger is a new standard design. The one you have is considered an upgrade. The stock may be a new design as well.

The discoloration on the shroud could be a result of the dent. I am wrong at least 2x a day and it is still early. Take my advice with a block of salt.

Don't want to talk you out of getting satisfaction from PA. Just want you to know the shroud is easy to replace. Again Troy can answer most questions about the Kral guns.

Puppadore,
I'm very sorry for you, that's very disappointing. I'll let you in on a little secret, Krales, in the Netherlands, sells air guns at great prices and is well appreciated by many members. Search the archives, you'll see what I mean. They have Kral air guns, check it out. Make sure you search using the US, not the European, invoice sheet. You'll see selection choice in upper right-hand corner. WM

There is the link to the Kral catalog with the latest versions. I would say that PA has not updated their photos.

Kral has some sweet looking guns on the way. The NS60 in semi auto in all calibers from .177 to .357.... Makes me wonder how many kidneys I really need ...

Thats ashame but my last 2 dealings with PA was sad. Last gun i sent back 2 times and the 3ed i should of just got the refund, but i managed to " fix it" . Then they sent me a sale feal on a puncher mega, (299$) a hard to turn down deal i ordered it showed in stock then a hour later they came back and said preorder , ok at that price i can wait 3 weeks, then another hour after that they came back and said oh that gun been discontinued just choose another gun.
Lol . Bait and switch cause they refused to honor any of there " sale"

Then they sent another email thing i just confronted them on first and got " oh that was a mistake ill turn ot over to that department over that..
Just cant trust them on anything anymore.. like buy a new gun and get somthing suspect other then??? Ya,

Oh forgot to add...

Funny the gun is in stock the next day at 349$. And still is.. hmmmmm, ya

Screenshot_20220519-111239.png

Do PCP guns come with some air filled in the tank? I only have a hand-pump and not sure if I can fill it up from completely empty. This one came with no air.
It is hit or miss with guns and tank pressure. There is not a standard practice.

Again, I am not trying to keep you from reaching a solution with PA. I wanted to offer some other avenues that would get you shooting that bad boy ASAP. I would trade my highly modded P-rod in an instant for the NP03. Ended up spending a lot more with a new MM barrel and LDC than the NP would have cost me (but the NP came out 5 years after I got the P-rod, so no worries)

IMHO the NP03 is many times the gun as the P-rod for the money.

Yes, it is possible that you were sent a returned gun. That should be taken up with PA directly.

Thats ashame but my last 2 dealings with PA was sad. Last gun i sent back 2 times and the 3ed i should of just got the refund, but i managed to " fix it" . Then they sent me a sale feal on a puncher mega, (299$) a hard to turn down deal i ordered it showed in stock then a hour later they came back and said preorder , ok at that price i can wait 3 weeks, then another hour after that they came back and said oh that gun been discontinued just choose another gun.
Lol . Bait and switch cause they refused to honor any of there " sale"

Then they sent another email thing i just confronted them on first and got " oh that was a mistake ill turn ot over to that department over that..
Just cant trust them on anything anymore.. like buy a new gun and get somthing suspect other then??? Ya,
That's a bummer. This is my first time dealing with Pyramyd Air, and it has not been so great. I completely understand that any shipment can have defect or shipping damage. And normally, I get disappointed, but it happens and I get a return. I talk to them, they apologize, and we solve it out. But while trying to solve out, I wanted to pay for the $10 for 10 shot service so I can make sure a replacement is not damaged. However, the customer service was adamant that they WILL send a gun out, even if they see a physical damage, and $10 for 10 is ONLY to make sure the pellet comes out of the gun. I also asked, if they can quickly check for damage before shipping it out, and it was also a no.

Then I get an email for return, but that was simply "We will let you return it because you just got it", no mention of defect.

Its like there trying to pass used/ remanufactured/ blems/whatever off as new to me. You know there not getting shippments in like everyone else aint.

Thats my opinion now after putting all that together of my ordeal.. the one feal i sent back no way them guns were new first quality. One even had a aftermarket breech seal in it.. ooops..lol

Sending out a brand new gun that they KNOW is damaged is unconscionable! What a crock! What kind of business practice is that? I could understand if they made sure it functions as it should if visibly damaged & if so, knock something off the price. THAT would be respectable & responsible but to just say "we blindly mail out damaged goods" SUCKS!!! SHAME ON YOU PYRAMYD AIR!

Last edited:
Reactions: Glem.Chally
I dont know , just too many funny things on my end . And sadly the one was at full price not a sale or discount . Then i bought new not other. Not like i took a chance at a used referb deal. Ot going to be hard to get my trust back with them. Bir will day they never refused the returns , just never sent a fully satisfactory gun. Then that bait and switch deal . Ya were done unless ot must have no one else has ot a air venturi monopoly exclusive item. Then id still have to think hard .

I also wonder if its a see if the guys a noob and dont know better thing and hope to pass it off?

I dont think you will have issue returning it or a exchange. Its then what will you get next? Good to go or go back again..lol

I dont know , just too many funny things on my end . And sadly the one was at full price not a sale or discount . Then i bought new not other. Not like i took a chance at a used referb deal. Ot going to be hard to get my trust back with them. Bir will day they never refused the returns , just never sent a fully satisfactory gun. Then that bait and switch deal . Ya were done unless ot must have no one else has ot a air venturi monopoly exclusive item. Then id still have to think hard .

I also wonder if its a see if the guys a noob and dont know better thing and hope to pass it off?

I dont think you will have issue returning it or a exchange. Its then what will you get next? Good to go or go back again..lol
Well that is the thing. They will exchange it or refund it with no issues. But not willing to check for damage before sending, and told me that they WILL send it even if they see damage, because $10 for 10 is just to check the function of the gun.

I can understand that the phone operator will not make promises to customers about processes they have ZERO control over. The 10/$10 does not advertise a QC check on fit and finish. It is a shot cycle test. The pick and pack operation of a large warehouse is something I do have 5+ years experience with. Having worked both sides of Customer Service and warehouse shipping, I tend to be a lot more understanding.

Perhaps it would help to speak with a CS manager to escalate the issue above the base level product return.

Be nice, and people will be nice to you.

I can understand that the phone operator will not make promises to customers about processes they have ZERO control over. The 10/$10 does not advertise a QC check on fit and finish. It is a shot cycle test. The pick and pack operation of a large warehouse is something I do have 5+ years experience with. Having worked both sides of Customer Service and warehouse shipping, I tend to be a lot more understanding.

Perhaps it would help to speak with a CS manager to escalate the issue above the base level product return.

Be nice, and people will be nice to you.
Yeah, I understand. It was done through a chat, but it is mind boggling that they would say "we will ship it even if we see physical defect". I am understand that the customer service has no control over QC. But it does seem odd. You go to a restaurant, and the cashier (who has no control of cooking), tells "if you pay extra, we can check the expiration date for you.. but while checking, If we SEE the food is messed up, we give it to you anyways, because technically it is not expired."

Now waiting isn't an issue, having to print label or driving to FedEx are not much of issues either. I actually have no issues. I am just bamboozled at what I am told.