Just for fun; What would you guys consider your most *fun* airgun?

How is that beast , I’ve thought about getting one to toy with
I love it. I wouldn't hunt with it, but it really is fun. Compared to other springers it hits like a ton of bricks. It's got a Weaver style rail combined with an 11mm rail. The trigger can be tuned to where it is pretty good. It's no Rekord or AA trigger, but it is adjustable three ways. Some people will tell you that they have a beautiful Turkish walnut stock. To me it looks more like a cheap Chinese stock that's been coated with some kind of shellac to hide the fact that the wood has no grain pattern. Like the trigger though it is fully adjustable. Hold sensitivity is also much better than you would expect.

It is built to a $300 price point and the fasteners they used are typical Hatsan screws that will break where your screwdriver engages them. For $300 however I'd say it's worth it.

I used to have a .25 Beeman Kodiak and while that was definitely built to a much higher standard of quality, the Hatsan has a better trigger, hits harder and is less hold sensitive.

Reactions: A.G.R
I love it. I wouldn't hunt with it, but it really is fun. Compared to other springers it hits like a ton of bricks. It's got a Weaver style rail combined with an 11mm rail. The trigger can be tuned to where it is pretty good. It's no Rekord or AA trigger, but it is adjustable three ways. Some people will tell you that they have a beautiful Turkish walnut stock. To me it looks more like a cheap Chinese stock that's been coated with some kind of shellac to hide the fact that the wood has no grain pattern. Like the trigger though it is fully adjustable. Hold sensitivity is also much better than you would expect.

It is built to a $300 price point and the fasteners they used are typical Hatsan screws that will break where your screwdriver engages them. For $300 however I'd say it's worth it.

I used to have a .25 Beeman Kodiak and while that was definitely built to a much higher standard of quality, the Hatsan has a better trigger, hits harder and is less hold sensitive.
I’m laughing , as no one has been so truthful of a gun they own

I’ve owned the .25 135. And tuned the snot out of it. Anyway you cut it ,it hammered your shoulder..
The Uk Kodiak trigger is average to less at best .I’ve owned a Lot of them

That huge pellet is just addicting looking.. why no hunt, it’s not accurate ¿

Reactions: Sawney Bean
I’m laughing , as no one has been so truthful of a gun they own

I’ve owned the .25 135. And tuned the snot out of it. Anyway you cut it ,it hammered your shoulder..
The Uk Kodiak trigger is average to less at best .I’ve owned a Lot of them

That huge pellet is just addicting looking.. why no hunt, it’s not accurate ¿
Mainly because I've got a couple of PCPs that will put it to shame accuracy wise. It's velocity is right around 550 fps with 45 gr. pellets so while it hits hard it's trajectory limits it to around 35 yards. Also, while it's hold sensitivity is pretty good for a 31 fpe spring gun, it's still hold sensitive. I can shoot about 1" groups at 25 yards from a sitting position with it, but it's the kind of gun that's easy to shoot a flier with, especially if you're holding or supporting it differently.

I really think that all the various super magnum springers are best as plinkers. I just find them particularly fun to shoot, but not particularly practical.

So how does my appraisal of the 135 line up with your own?

All my guns are fun, but right now, I am really enjoying this setup.
IMG_9292.jpg

Reactions: SonOfAGun
Wait, what? Well I can certainly see how that’d make the cut. Didn’t know things like this were even being done.
It's a conversion I did myself. A fairly straightforward job of machining a new .177 barrel sleeve, modifying the magazine to feed .177 BB's, and adjusting the mainspring and gear ratio. It's essentially an electric powered spring piston gun that runs off a NIMH battery pack. Shoots Daisy Match .177 BB's at around 450fps, and I get around 1000 rounds per charge. Magazine capacity is 250 rds. Accurate enough for casual tin can plinking at 20-30 yds.

There's a gun called the Barra 400 in .177BB that was recently released that's an AR type platform in the same caliber with the same sort of spring piston setup.

I'm very much a traditional air rifle shooter, but I do enjoy my replica BB guns as well. In the case of the Steyr, I've always wanted an airgun version of my real AUG. That, and the success of the new Barra gun is where my conversion idea came from.

Reactions: techna
Fun to me is taking a couple minutes between shots to bask in the satisfaction of what just occurred.

For me that's my Guantlet 30. The way I have this thing set up, it's just gnarly.

Now, "fun fun". Maybe my Kral NP-03 in .25 with a red dot. Or maybe the AEA 457 pistol if I want to make some noise. No... I like the relaxing kind of fun the best.

While I love my Brococks, when I want something that just doesn't miss if I do my part my .30cal. Blitz always puts a HUGE smile on my face. There is just something special about blowing stuff up in full auto! If I'm feeling a little down shooting a 2x4 in half just gives me a big pickup. I got a couple large cap. mags and it feels wonderful to just let her rip!