• *Effective 3/27/2024 - The discussion of the creation, fabrication, or modification of airgun moderators is prohibited. The discussion of any "adapters" used to convert an airgun moderator to a firearm silencer will result in immediate termination of the account.*

Just finished machining .30cal TJ's for FX Impact.

I had a gentleman contact me for a .30cal TJ'S barrel for his impact. He had a bit of a twist for this one though. He wants 2 ports. One for pellets and another for slugs. He wants to rotate the barrel 180 deg and change projectiles. Sounds interesting, so I turned it and set it up in the 4axis CNC. Slug port is 100% of bore area and pellet port is 75%. I do believe that It will breath. I'll try and post some pics.

20220921_213424.jpg
20220921_212754.jpg
20220921_212727.jpg

I was thinking of just buying a TJ barrel and machining it down at the ends on the lathe to fit into the stock fx assembly. Figure I could get my desired twist rate, a stiffer barrel, and do it for reasonably cheap that way.

What’s something like this cost? Seems far more involved and could drive the end user cost wayyyy up.

Great freakin work though 👌

I was thinking of just buying a TJ barrel and machining it down at the ends on the lathe to fit into the stock fx assembly. Figure I could get my desired twist rate, a stiffer barrel, and do it for reasonably cheap that way.

What’s something like this cost? Seems far more involved and could drive the end user cost wayyyy up.

Great freakin work though 👌
If you have the equipment, it is a lot less expensive. Most of the expense is in a proper set-up. getting the "chamber" true to the bore is a real task and consumes a lot of time. I've made a turning jig that allows me to do this pretty efficiently. Many think that is as simple as getting things concentric. You can often times get away with that and many do but to true the blank to the bore concentrically and longitudinally is a trick.
Depending upon desired features and length, they can run north of $300. They require a lot more work than a marauder barrel. Although, I'm working on a m-rod design that will be less complex to make and allow for barrel indexing. Time to test is the issue. never enough time.
The one in the pic has a carbon fiber sleeve epoxied over it.

I had a gentleman contact me for a .30cal TJ'S barrel for his impact. He had a bit of a twist for this one though. He wants 2 ports. One for pellets and another for slugs. He wants to rotate the barrel 180 deg and change projectiles. Sounds interesting, so I turned it and set it up in the 4axis CNC. Slug port is 100% of bore area and pellet port is 75%. I do believe that It will breath. I'll try and post some pics.
Where can I buy a TJ barrel? Thanks.