• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Just bought a Hatsan AT-44W-10 QE !!

Hi there fellow airgun addicts,

I just purchased a Hatsan AT-44W QE .177 and I'm super excited. I've been looking for an excuse for about a month now to buy another PCP, and I couldn't think of a good enough excuse, so I just said, " Eff-it, let's do it ! " . I was looking for the wood stock and luckily found one. I guess I'll need to get a Huma regulator next. 

I own the Umarex Gauntlet in both .177 and .22 , both Haji'd out and both have an O-Ring tune STKO style for accuracy. Dead accurate, but I wanted to buy a Hatsan AT-44 because I can't afford an HW-100 yet. 

My Gamo Whisper Swarm 10x .22 broke on me today and the swarm just fell apart. I emailed Gamo today and hope to send it in for repair, but that was the catalyst that made me order the AT-44. 

I own the AT-P2 and the MOD 25 carbine in .177 and love them. Both are super accurate. So now they'll have a brother, or sister. I'm still kind of new, so I'm not sure yet if rifles are male or female like my bass guitars are usually female. 

Anyway, I look forward to hearing some encouragement from you AT-44 enthusiasts. Thanks in advance !!! - Mike 

Great congrats! You can save money by plugging one or 2 of the cylinder holes with JB Weld and paper and pencil run the bell curve over a chrony and fine tune it and may want to start with lower fill or run a weaker hammer spring from ACE Hardware.

Thanks Odoyle, I'll have to research what you mean by that. I've seen similar posts regarding the added regulator. They also talk about a business card to fill a gap, etc but I'm not sure what all that means, yet. After I get my hands on it and get familiar with it, I'm sure I'll start to see all the tunes I can do. 

The gun may shoot good enough without having to spend $120 for the Huma.

Plug the holes in the air tube to restrict air flow to get a flatter curve. Experiment with different fill pressure. Notebook and pen or pencil very important shoot all shots start to finish over a chrony log speed and ongoing remaining pressure always so you know the sweet spot range where to fill up to next time since you start low speed them gradually go up in speed as shots progress then flatten then go down. Depending on your shooting distance 40fps is fine out to 100 yards good it's an unregulated gun better long range accuracy potential. Already proven by seasoned old time airgunners shooting unregulated 22 and 25 caliber guns 100-300 yards. Some hold trophies for them too. Unregulated of course. With a reg you need to keep the spread small to keep up with unregulated guns that allow for 40fps spread believe it or not it is what it is. Ask Airngasman who shoots unregulated guns for decades with probably the most trophies in airgun competotions. Matter of fact my most accurate 300 yard airguns aren't regulated even my best FX Impact shooting slugs can't touch them past 200 yards.

If he reads this you can see the unregulated guns he got all them trophies with shaming modern day high dollar regulated guns.

My 22 and 25 FX Royales both unregulated old guns 22 factory Lothar Walther (before Smooth twist was born) and 25 caliber First gen ST that AZ tuned and he yanked the regulator became night and day difference more accurate and more shots believe it or not. You talking going from 2 inches at 100 yards to sub MOA after he yanked the reg.

I had a 22 Career II 707 that shot perfect to 300 yards then sent to AZ who added a reg (not his fault I thought I was smarter than the manufacturer and told him to add a reg so it's on me) then couldn't do 300 yards accurately no more but got more shots but only 100 yard shooter. Sold the gun right after that. Never ever making that mistake again. Just bought 3 more Hatsans and no way they gonna get regulators.

Here is another interesting fact and comparison. The Theoben Rapid 12 and RAW HM1000 are supposed to be the same gun and the newer RAW has a regulator and side lever. I own the 177 and 22 of both guns and the non regulated Theoben Rapids are both more accurate than the regulated RAWs. FACT!!! The old Theobens don't even have manometers and have to unscrew the bottles to fill outside the guns and they shoot just about any pellet straight.

My old 22 FX Tarantula unregulated factory FX Lothar Walther barrel is one of the 300 yard shooters and nothing was done to it besides trigger adjustment and no leak not a single issue after 20 years. If it had a regulator it probably be leaking after the first 5 years orange even sooner. My brand new Daystate CR97 back in the day had its factory regulator that failed twice in less than a year. Sold it.

I see this is an old thread.. However.. I have an old AT-44. Actually it is 8 years old and has been in the case for 7 years.. I loved that gun.. but when we moved into town with no back porch to step out and shoot from.. I have not had those guns out since.

The AT-44 short in Walnut .22 was my first PCP.. Man I loved that guy.. After getting hooked on break barrels and then coming to the first PCP.. and then shooting groups at 25.. that fit under a dime.. I thought I had died and gone the pellet heaven.

I gave that gun to my Brother and bought my current AT-44 10 long .25 in Walnut. My log book says it has 760 rounds down the barrel. Only used off the rest. Has 6 mags and two extra air tubes (both still have factory air in them and still holding air) has the air stripper and a homemade LCD. Topped with a Hawk Eclipse Side Winder in 6x24 x40

So I have decided that I have time to start going to the range and breaking out the guns. I sold the 2 dive tanks I had and picked up a carbon fiber Scott off ebay. got a Yong Heng to fill it and just grabbed a like new jogging stroller from
Craigslist to make a gun cart.

Then those buggers a Air Guns of Arizona offered a like new FX Dreamline for a cheap price.. I burned a hole in my credit card and the rest is history..

So to off set this new wave of insanity .. I think I better see if I can trade the AT-44 for some cash.. So I will be offering it up to some lucky party who wants a near new old Hatsan that loves cheap-o Benjamin pellets. And has power and accuracy.

Since it has a total of 3 changeable air tubes.. you can go hunting with nearly a 100 rounds without a fill. I was going to mod one air tube with the power mod of plugging the holes for more power and the like for long range. Then I was going to stick a Huma reg in the 3rd tube and have the best of all worlds.

I am keeping my Galatian (just a fancy AT-44) and will mod the extra air tubes on it someday..

Thanks for indulging my stroll down memory lane..
Be Well All

Reactions: mb94952