Just a heads up, FWB Deluxe 124 in the classifieds

That guys shooting real slow it's supposed to 830-860fps no wonder he is selling it probably needs full teardown and service.

It's supposed to shoot between 12 and 13fpe. That ones only doing 8fpe.

The one I bought for $175 had a full service couple years prior and shoots within specs.

Hopefully the buyer did his DUE DILLIGENCE and at least searched AIRGUN NATION BEFORE PAYING THE FULL ASKING PRICE. 

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/fwb-124-velocities-please/

I sure hope that buyer clicked HIDE MEMBER on one of MY older threads so he doesn't read this. HA HA HA HA HA

That guys shooting real slow it's supposed to 830-860fps no wonder he is selling it probably needs full teardown and service.

It's supposed to shoot between 12 and 13fpe. That ones only doing 8fpe.

The one I bought for $175 had a full service couple years prior and shoots within specs.

Hopefully the buyer did his DUE DILLIGENCE and at least searched AIRGUN NATION BEFORE PAYING THE FULL ASKING PRICE. 

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/fwb-124-velocities-please/

I sure hope that buyer clicked HIDE MEMBER on one of MY older threads so he doesn't read this. HA HA HA HA HA

It says it's a soft tune. Which explains the lower velocity. Looks like it's sold.

Yo, some times I think you have the need to just quack to hear yourself quack! Yes its shooting at a low velocity but if you cared to read the whole ad prior too pre judgement you may have realized that it was listed as having a soft tune. As pointed out, the use of Macarri's seals often needs to be properly sized for optimum performance. I have never kitted the 124 using Jim's soft tune kit so I don't know what to expect . I do think it was slow even for Jim's kit, but only a guess on my part. Also, as pointed out, some of the older guns just shot slower. This was due to the older rifle compression chambers constructed of two piece welded construction where some suffered from having a slight taper which lead to slower velocities. 

Yo, you found a great deal on your 124, one that isn't easily repeated, especially in today's fwb vintage market or even yesterday's market for that matter. Most home tunes using Macarri's power kit will generate velocties producing 11 to 12 fpe and i consider 13 fpe somewhat a hot tune and a tune being performed by someone having the tools and knowledge.

My purpose for the post was just to bring it to attention as it was a very fresh listing and knowing there are a few interested in owning a great vintage rifle such as these fwb's and having the Jnc would be a bonus to a collector. At present market I felt it was a fair price and if I hadn't already owned two Jnc 124's I wouldn't have been all over it myself.

So Yo please don't be so quick to discourage others, I know you mean well.

Cheers

Doesn't discourage me in the slightest!!! Lol.

And I'll probably tune it back to factory specs...been looking for a good specimen to add to the collection and a Jnc. marked one is a big bonus in my book!!!

And I shoot all my guns! So not being a safe queen is fine with me too...

Funny how some guns every now and then cause such a buzz....Lol

I'm stoked to have it coming my way!!!😋

James from Michigan