June-a-palooza

The young Ground Squirrels made themselves comfortable while I was busy this spring. Today, I had 5 magazines of Hades in .22, a tank of air on board the Puncher Breaker and a Tactacam. I fIlled the ATV with gas and made a quickie trip to the Pecan farm. The camera battery ran out of juice before I ran out of pellets. I almost feel bad for the GS - but this is a pest control permission. No Quarter asked and No Quarter given. The assignment is to remove the pests.

The FTS is still a work in progress.

Shoot'em good :D

Thank you - it was a fine day for sure! The young ones (belding squirrel) were just getting out of their burrows to explore thier environment. A few were only the size of my thumb. The best shot of the day was 52 yards. He only showed the tip of his ear and an eye. I needed three shots to find the range and wind hold. The young squirrels do not recognize the danger and will pop right back in a few minutes to give you another shot (or 2). The young and dumb stage only lasts for a couple of weeks, so I have to make it rain while I can.