• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Results June 26 ASC FT match results

Great match as usual by ASC. Key note was no target malfunctions, excellent setup by organizers. Results below. Looking forward to the next.

20210626_130003.1625683493.jpg

FT Match Report Arlington Sportsman’s Club 06/26/2021

Guest match report by Chris this month since I was unable to attend. 

Twelve brave competitors came to challenge the heat for the June Field Target Match. Luckily, the high had only reached 91F by the time the match was over the and targets were put away. Kudo’s to Jeff for designing and setting up a great course. Numerous comments regarding the balance of challenging and difficult shots. Great praise for not having to shift position to be able to see all of the targets on the lane. (I am not a devious Match Director ALL the time – Jeff) Once again, Terry painted the targets and checked them for proper operation. This course was 10 lanes with 56 shots. The average Troyer this month was 30.1, SD 5.10, Avg Dist 30.4 yds, and Avg KZ 1.07”.

David Alsup was the high overall of the day with score of 52. After the match David provided some comments regarding his choice to shoot in the lower powered (12 foot pound) WFTF class noting better accuracy, better shot cycle and smoother overall reaction of the rifle.

Second high overall for the day was Mike V. turning in another spectacular performance and claiming 51 targets.

Hunter PCP was the most numerous and contested class for the day. Faisal K. was the high overall with a 49. Faisal was working on fine tuning his sons rifle and was happy with the performance of himself and the rifle. C Simmons was second. Rick C. came in third with a 46. (I believe Rick cleared most of the lanes but the forced positions tripped him up this match). 

Great thanks to Terry V., Chris S., and Scott C. for help in the running the match and the putting away of the targets, etc. Thanks for all the help guys. - Jeff

We will have our next match the 4th Saturday in July (24th) starting at 9:00am to beat the heat.

See you at the next match,

Jeff Cloud

Field Target Match Director

Arlington Sportsman’s Club

2021-07-11 19.10.18.1626049069.png