July 4th Boar and meat pig. Texan Carbine strikes again.

Went back out to the blind instead of watching fireworks last night. It sounded like a war zone with all the fireworks going off in all directions. Wasn’t really thinking I would see anything til morning. Well about 5am heard the group start hitting the corn to my left. Unfortunately I didn’t have a window open far enough to shoot thru on that side. They made their way to the hand corn and it was game on. Located the boar that was the running buddy of the one from the night b4. He turned and I put it in the sweet spot, down he went. I reloaded and scanned the area for another victim. Well two little meat pigs came back to check on their buddy. Bad mistake on their part. Lined up on one of them and put it in the spot. Meat pig down and his buddy running for the hills.
They will get a rest from me for the next 5 days so I can go back to work.

1593969466_11340896775f020b3a4cc963.04542912.jpeg
1593969467_102235105f020b3b8b7048.33585592.jpeg
1593969467_7502083045f020b3bb87d72.26304932.jpeg

Darn Chris your kicking butt 

got out to to the river today to put out my new feeder box said it can be assembled and put up in less than 15 minutes (bullcrap!) get this unit is supposed to be put together in the field open the box all went great right up till it started talking about drilling three holes 

well anyway got everything worked out and have 150 pounds of corn in the feeder and a blind 75 yards out on top of a hill 

Awesome! That's a good boar. This is the rifle I am most considering for hog and deer down here in the S.E. Georgia swamps. Need something powerful out to 75-100, but that I can easily stalk through the scrub with. What is your killing rang with it? All head, or have you taken any with lung shots? And is that a Donny FL and which one. Thanks for any info you can provide to help make this decision.

Awesome! That's a good boar. This is the rifle I am most considering for hog and deer down here in the S.E. Georgia swamps. Need something powerful out to 75-100, but that I can easily stalk through the scrub with. What is your killing rang with it? All head, or have you taken any with lung shots? And is that a Donny FL and which one. Thanks for any info you can provide to help make this decision.

I really like the carbine. I have only had it a month at most and it is my go to rifle for my night hunting. Don’t know what groups would look like past 55 yards. I only have this one sighted in for 55yds and the groups are decent with the ammo I’m using for now. I will be putting NSA’s thru it when I finish my box of V.I.P.’s. That is a DonnyFl on the front. I had sent him a email asking on what his suggestions would be. He said get the Ronin 50cal for it. I am very pleased with it. It does not sound has quiet as the SS I had, but it does take a lot of the bark out of it. First time hunting with this gun, I was able to take 3 pigs total from the same group. Second weekend hunting with it, I took 2 on the same night from the same group again. Most of the time they will come back because they don’t know where the sound came from.

Hope this helps.