• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

July 2 TEXtreme Bench-Rest Silhouette match announcement

Per our usual schedule of the first Saturday of every month except calendar months divisible by 3 (quarterly), weather permitting the next TEXtreme BRS match is this-coming Saturday, July 2. At this moment the weather forecast looks great (for July in Texas), with a high in the mid-nineties.

I'm attaching the rules-set for reference. But as a reminder, shooters can enter any or all three classes at $10 per score-card, the match starts at 2 PM, and the gate opens at 1 PM for course set-up and practice. See attached rules for all particulars.

Black Bart.jpg

Regards,
Ron 254-253-1239

View attachment 2022 BRS Rules pdf.pdf

I looked over the rules and have a few questions. "Sand bag front rest" can you use an adjustable front rest? Another one "10 minutes for unlimited sighting shots on the backstop" does that mean that the shooter cannot shoot at the swinger for sight-in shots but must instead shoot at a mark or something on the backer only for sight-in shooting and then go for record on the swinger? The reason that I ask is that we have a couple of shooters that are interested in getting this game going on my home range and we are in the Kansas City, Missouri area.

Ron please correct me if I am wrong . Yes bipods are allowed .
The ten minutes also includes your official for score shots . You are correct in a "spot" on the backstop .
A hit on the swinger that is not called as a "record" shot is counted as 1 of your 10 and also considered a miss. And record shots start from there.
Once you call for scored(record)shot's you may NOT go back to your sighters, all 10 shots from record forward count on your tally for that stage .

Last edited:
Keyman, my TEXtreme BRS matches are held at Central Texas Rifle & Pistol Club in China Spring, which I consider a suburb of Waco. It's about 15 miles from the Lake Whitney dam. I'm attaching a map of the area with pertinent landmarks.

rhb, trlman answered your questions correctly before I could; so I'll go back to LOAFING now.😁

View attachment RR to CTRPC pdf.pdf